Chapter 2

(The letter is taken from aweb1122's one-shot.)

Dear Catherine Parr

You make me smile. You make me happy. I get butterflies when I'm around you and I can never stop smiling.

From Katherine Howard

I look at the last sentence before shaking my head and rewriting it.

Dear Catherine Parr

You make me smile. You make me happy. I get butterflies when I'm around you and I can never stop smiling.

From Your Secret Admirer

I smile and start to walk to the bus stop. I wanted to get to school early so I'm taking the 7:45am bus. Remembering something, I grab the poetry book I got yesterday out of my bag and slip the note inside.

(The following section is an excerpt from aweb1122's oneshot. Some sentences were added and words changed.)

I walk into school and over to Cathy's locker. 23-6-17 I open her locker and check around making sure no one is looking. I quickly put the book and note inside, having one last look at the cover. A 100 Poems To Make You Feel Better I shut the locker and run off, seeing Cathy and Anna laughing. I try to act casual, opening my locker. Cathy opens her locker and she pulls out the book, I grin and keep watching for her reaction. She opens the book and takes the note out, she smiles and looks around. After only seeing me, she turns back to Anna. I look away, blushing and put my bag in my locker.

Cathy walks past me with Anna. "Looks like you've got a secret admirer!" Anna exclaims and Cathy smiles.

"Who do you think it is?" she asks.

"Probably Thomas or Henry."

"I never thought they really cared that much about me." She smiles, her eyes going dreamy, "Anyway-" She quickly adds, "They need to leave me alone."

(End of excerpt.)

There's still a chance for me. Jane, Catherine and Anne walk over to them, thankfully, Anne doesn't say anything about me taking the bus. Catherine and Jane kiss, holding their hands up and I smile, "Congrats guys!"

"Who asked who?"

"I knew it! Anna, you owe me 5 bucks!"

The note leaves the conversation but I notice Cathy, putting it in her pocket and I smile.