₀₀₆ ⇢ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖝

now it was just me, kuroo and tsukishima

now it was just me, kuroo and tsukishima. the blond remained airborne, indifferent to the situation. the leader was still unreadable, impassive. i kept myself in my place, always quiet. and for days we stayed like that. one, two, three... until we couldn't take it anymore. boredom and monotony drove us crazy, we had reached our limit.

the morning was brilliant. the sun, tired of confining itself to half-open windows, shone in its entirety through newly discovered cracks in the walls. the light was slightly blinding and made me dizzy every time it collided with my eyes. but even so, the three of us got on with our tedious day. kei sat beside me at the table.

"don't you think it's," the blond paused, surveying his surroundings with a faraway look, "curious the fact that two people have already left us? first akaashi, then bokuto... it feels like we're in a game of cat and mouse. turns out the rodent is all of us, but no one can find the feline".

nothing he said made sense. his eyes darted around the room, now two people short, and finally hovered over kuroo. i could feel his mind navigate his uncertainties and assumptions. idiot. you think too far, darling.

"put your thoughts in order and shut up. you're not making any sense... don't you think you've used up enough neurons for today? mon dieu..."

i walked away before tsukishima accused the leader of anything. i can't say it would be a slanderous accusation, but i couldn't let anyone curse tetsurou in front of me either. surprisingly, kei didn't seem intent on making any accusations. instead, he kept his glossy, ornate lips closed and proceeded to file his nails.

"no..." kuroo said, distant. "kei isn't completely wrong. it's really peculiar to see that two members of society have already left us. ignoring this fact is what would be absurd."

ysukishima didn't move a muscle — other than the ones he used to adjust his nails, which, in my opinion, was just another way for the blond to pass the time, elevating himself on a pedestal of class and pomp, not paying attention to what was happening around him. anyhow, kuroo continued to talk to Kei.

"but what I really wanted to know, tsukishima, was whether you really don't know why we've had so many casualties these days, or if you play dumb to put on an innocent-boy facade."

kei remained still. answer the leader's question. who do you think you are to just ignore kuroo like that? tsukishima didn't say a word. he sighed, still looking at the long, claw-like nails of the same cat she had mentioned earlier. turns out you're the mouse, mon amour.

"i don't blame you for remaining silent. after all, we don't want external involvement in our affairs, right? but don't be afraid. we won't hurt you." tetsurou walked over to the blond, putting a finger under his chin, taking away his eyes from his manicured nails. i felt my stomach turn, and my fists resisted the temptation to punch kei right then and there. on the other hand, he knew kuroo wouldn't be happy with a dislocated jaw. not that my slender arms could accomplish such a feat, but the leader would definitely lose his own control after seeing me lose mine. with their eyes finally aligned, tetsurou continued:

"when i said i wouldn't take it easy, i didn't mean i would hurt you. i just said that if you gave me a reason, i would have to take action. i believe you already had an idea of ​​that, didn't you, mon cherie? after all, there's no way a human being can be so stupid." the leader dropped his chin in a sudden movement, dropping his head.

kei was never one to have quick reflexes. as he was used to servants and paparazzi, i never imagined that royalty would be the type that would react quickly and accurately. so i was extremely shocked when i realized that, in a split second, tsukishima was on his feet, facing kuroo face to face. my instinct was to run to separate the two, but suddenly the leader's face turned to glare at me, sending me a flaming look. he said: do. not. move.

"if you want to provoke me into telling my secrets, kuroo, you should have told me beforehand. by the way, why did you call me to these meetings? we never do anything but eliminate and lynch each other. who do you think you are?" kei let out a small giggle from his pink lips, mocking kuroo.

"who do you think you are," i said. "don't treat our room like your personal circus. this is not and will never be the place for you to clown around."

tetsurou took a step back, leaving room for the blond to breathe. he sighed in disgust, and shot me a look of pure anger. he knew exactly what to do. turns out he was treacherous, but that was the only way we were going to survive.

ナイフとカラスの間

ナイフとカラスの間 ── 𝖎𝖓 𝖇𝖊𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖐𝖓𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖈𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖘

@𝘈-𝘈𝘔𝘈𝘌𝘑𝘐𝘒𝘐 ;; august 7th, 2021