Chapter Four

The next thing I knew I was in a bed, sheets messy, pieces of clothing here and there. A pizza box was also on a night stand and the lamp was dim as music softly played in the background. I looked around, confused and heard footsteps outside then saw Dante walk in. He looked at me and I looked back. He was only wearing his jeans again, I noticed and he sat down beside me.

"So you're finally awake." He commented. "You've been out for a couple days."

I sat up, feeling an ache shoot throught my body, wincing slightly. I whispered for me to take it easy and I looked at him strangely.

"Next time, don't try and die on me babe." he commented, handing me a slice of pizza he recently ordered. "You should really eat though."

"Don't call me babe.." I groaned, taking the pizza.

I ate it, feeling better from hunger. After I ate it, I sighed and leaned back against a wall. I watched him as he moved closer, right by my side and against the wall as well. I looked forward as I heard him sigh and shift. I felt his eyes on me and I ignored it, laying down again and facing away from him. I felt his body shift and move against mine, putting and arm around me. I took his arm and moved it from my side, hearing him sigh in annoyance.

"Why are you so stubborn?" He growled.

"Why are you such a player?" I retorted.

"Well, I haven't had any girls come around but you for a while so.."

"So what..? You'd just use me for one night and probably never talk to me again, unless it's for THAT again... So, I'm being smart and not letting myself fall for that."

"Who said I would do that? I'm not always like that you know."

"How would I know?"

"You'd just have to trust me."

I was silent for a moment then faced him. "Fine, but if you decieve my trust once.."

"I'll make sure I won't. Don't worry." He smirked.

I just looked at him then relaxed. He placed his arm back around my shoulders. "So, how're you feelin'?"

"Like I've been thrown loke a rag doll, of course."

"You took a pretty hard throw."

"I can handle more than just that. Anyway, I should get going."

"I don't think now is a good time. It's dark and it's storming out there."

He had a point. I listened to the rain and the sound of thunder just outside. "Then where do I stay?" I asked, looking at him.

"Here with me." He replied, looking back.

I made a face, not knowing what he would and could do to me while I was asleep.

"Relax, I'm bot going to do anything to you. I haven't done anything for the past couple days you were out, so why would I do it now?"

Another point. "Fine, I'm going to get some more rest though. Keep your hands to yourself."

I laid back down and the covers up over me, feeling his gaze on me. I then began listening to the sound of rain from outside, it lulling me asleep.