Track twenty-four

*if you watched the trailer and remember when it gets intense this is sorta the part so you can watch it and go 'omg it's this part!1!"*

My name is Isabella Leanne Kenney.

I am 18 years old, I will be 19 very soon.

I have a best friend named Michael Clifford, and my parents are gone.

I was admitted to the Ashbourne Cure centre two months ago, and have been stuck ever since.

I've made friends here, but only Ashton is the one I talk to. He is 20 years old and was admitted here a long time ago.

It has been three weeks. 21 days since I have last seen Michael and Cathy. 21 days since I've last seen Ashton.

Ashton was sent away after he terribly beat one of the guards who pushed me into eating the pills.

I hope he's okay.

I hope Cathy's okay.

I hope Michael's okay.

"Bella, are you ready to take your walk?" Karen-the nurse who's been taking care of me asks.

I nod my head as she opens my door wider than it was before so I could get through.

I take slow steps as she tries her best to keep at my tired like pace.

"Has Ashton came back yet?" I ask her and silently shakes her head.

"If he was I would have told you by now." she says softly

"Is he going to be alright? They're not hurting him are they?" I ask in panic and she quickly shakes her head.

Her blue eyes narrow onto mine as she stops me from walking and pulls me aside.

"Look, I know this is a very bad time to tell you this, but I work for Cathy." she says quietly "they're doing everything they can to get you out of here okay?"

I nod, that's what Michael told me last time.

"Yes I know, but how is Ashton?" And she crosses her arms across her chest blinking rapidly

"It's best not to think about him anymore."

+

I don't bother trying to talk to my new therapist. She's an elderly woman, who acts like she can get anything she wants.

"Since you never talk" she says handing me a white board "write them down alright honey?"

I look down at the white board and hold the pen in between my fingers.

"What do you remember?"

And my heart suddenly skips a beat. too much.

"Nothing." I write and her lips curl up into a small smirk.

"Why do you think you're here?"

Ashton told me about this, how they ask you these questions, wanting you to answer the obvious.

"Because I was a hopeless teenager." I write and she nods her head keeping that smug smile

"I've seen enough for today, I will see you again tomorrow, Isabella." she says standing me up
"Goodbye" she says closing the door behind me.

I walk around the centre, not really being bothered by the workers. The bright white walls hurt my eyes, it's too, bright.

The rain is hitting hard against the large windows of the centre, the darkness of the clouds almost contrasts against the white walls.