Chapter 10: Soulmates

Matsukawa POV

"They're totally gay for each other." Makki said out of the blue as we walked to his house on Sunday.

I tilted my head. "Who? Kindaichi and Kunimi?"

"Nah."

"Kyoutani and Yahaba."

"Nope."

"You and me?"

"Yes, but no."

"Who?"

"Oikawa and Iwaizumi."

"Oh, yeah obviously," I rolled my eyes. "You could practically see Oikawa drooling all over him in the locker room the other day."

"Gross."

"I know right."

The bare trees shivered in the winter wind, a few stray leaves scuttling along the pathway. Makki's house was a couple blocks away, but he didn't mind coming over to mine to pick me up first. A devoted best friend, some might say.

"You think Iwaizumi's ever gonna confess?" I asked.

"Doubt it. He acts all strong and tough and shit, but deep down he's a pussy when it comes to his feelings."

"Who do you think'll confess first?"

"Hm. Probably Oikawa."

"What kind of confession d'you think it would be."

"Something way too over the top."

"Definitely," I nodded. "Like he'd go all out and propose to Iwaizumi. On one knee, y'know? Like he'd pull out a rose or some shit and be like 'make me the happiest flat bitch alive and' –"

At this point Makki was already on the floor wheezing.

By the time we got to his house the sun was burning pretty high in the sky, meaning there was chance of doing some sort of outdoor activity that wouldn't end in getting snowed on.

But that's not really the kind of people we are.

Instead, we ended up both lying on his bed on our phones, making random conversation. It was simple, but comfortable. You could almost call it our thing but that kind of sounds weird as if we're dating or something and we're just friends so it's just really weird and it's not like I have a major crush on him or anything ha nope not at all absolutely not.

"Yo, Issei," He said, pointing at the phone in his hand. "Check this out."

I sat up, crawling over to him so I could get a better look. "What is it?"

"Just c'mere."

I rolled my eyes, sitting flat on my stomach beside him to – 

He flicked off his phone and turned to look at me.

"I . . . the fuck?" I laughed, a twinge of nervousness on my voice.

"Can I . . ." Makki paused to think for a second. "I want to . . ."

"You okay dude?"

"No."

I shrugged. "Mood."

"I wanna ask you something," he said finally. "Important. Something important."

"Okie, what is it?"

"Can I kiss you?"

(A/N: Ayyye, just a short Matsuhana chapter because I love these dorks. Also HOW IS THIS BOOK #1 IN IWAOI??? JUST HOW?! I say this so much but still feel like I don't say it enough: thank youuuuu!)