Chapter 19: Just What We Do

Oikawa POV

You: do you mind if I come over?

Iwa-chan<3: yes please

Iwa-chan<3: I honestly need you right now

I felt my face flush.

You: should I bring you anything? A blanket? Snacks?

Iwa-chan<3: it's fine

No way that was gonna stop me. Rolling up a navy velveteen blanket, I grabbed random snacks from the cupboard, giving little to no explanation to my mother. Just, "Thanks, sorry, gotta go."

I wasn't wasting time on getting dressed, Iwa-chan would just have to be happy with me the way I am – wearing an old t-shirt over loose running shorts.

His mother opened the door hastily after I knocked, sighing when she caught my eye. She was clearly expecting someone else. "Ah, Tooru. Come in, come in, Hajime's in his room."

I gave her a sympathetic smile as I stepped past her, hopefully sending the message I intended. Quiet music played from Iwa-chan's bedroom: music always seemed to calm him, for some unexplained reason. Maybe it was just a way to escape.

I knocked lightly. "Iwa-chan?"

The door swung open, a somewhat dishevelled boy staring at me with wide eyes. "Oh thank god you're here," He mumbled, pulling me into a tight hug.

A hundred condolences ran through my head, each attempting to escape from my mouth – I pushed them away. I'm not here for sympathy. I'm here to support him.

"Come on." I slipped my hand into his, pulling him towards the bed.

He gave me a sceptical look. "What are you doing?"

"I don't know what your dirty mind was thinking, but I want cuddles."

"I'm not the one with the dirty mind, thank you."

I rolled my eyes, sitting with my back against the wall. He crawled over beside me, arm sliding over my stomach and around my waist, nestling his head into my shoulder. A followed suit, wrapping my arms around him, feeling my face flush. He's never been like this before.

"You're warm," he murmured, voice somewhat muffled by my shirt.

I laughed lightly. "Uh, thanks?"

"It wasn't a compliment but go off I guess."

Ah, there he is. "Mean, Iwa-chan."

He pressed his head closer into me. "I'm sorry again. I feel like I haven't said it enough."

"It's okay, I'm not going to be mad at you for something you can't control. Besides, your dad is way more important than some stupid date."

"But it wasn't some stupid date, it was our first date," He sighed. "And I stood you up. You must've thought I hated you."

I ran my fingers through his hair. "Of course I didn't," I smiled. That's a lie, but now's not the time for rants and callouts.

"I'm glad."

Holding him tighter, I let a sigh slip from my lips. "So . . . you haven't heard anything other than what you told me?"

He shifted slightly. "Nah. All we know is that he didn't come home the night before last, and hasn't been answering his phone."