Reiji Sakamaki Prequel

"It's such a strange feeling..." You thought while you walked down the stairs. "Living in a vampire mansion and going to school at night..."

Your eyes met with Reiji who was sitting on the chair, reading the book. "Oh... it's Reiji."

"Ah, you have finally come. I have just finished brewing tea for waking up." You tilted your head to why he was suddenly being nice to you. He stood up from the chair and approached you. "It is a special brew I prepared for you."

"T-Thank you very much." You replied. You sat down before smelling the scent of tea. "Wow... It smells really nice."

"Fufu... Go ahead, enjoy." He replied.

You nodded before taking a sip of the tea. "Alright, don't mind if I do." Suddenly, you felt nauseous after you drank the tea. You covered your mouth as if you were going to throw up. 

"... Oh my. It appears you found it disagreeable." 

You turned to him slowly, your body was shaking. "Umm, Reiji, what did you put..."

"Did I not just inform you? This is a tea I brewed specifically for you. With poison." 

Your eyes widened at the word 'poison'. "P-Poison?! Are you gonna kill me with that?!"

"I have concocted a new drug and I simply wanted to test it. It is not as if you have died." 

You frowned angrily as you glared up at him. "...You're an asshole." 

Reiji's eyes widened slightly at your word. "In any case, come to my room once you return home from school and change your clothes."

"Huh?" You hummed in confusion. "What is he gonna do to me next? I'm terrified right now."

"This time, I will brew real tea and grant it to you. You can trust me with that." He then walked away while you clutched your stomach, still feeling sick of the poison.

.

.

.

~After school~

"Even though he said it'll be real tea... will it really be safe and have no poison on it? I can't really trust him for what he did earlier." 

You walked in the hallway until you bumped someone in the corner. You looked up to see Shu who looked down at you as well. "Ah... Shu."

"Yeah." He replied in an annoying voice. You didn't know that you kept staring at him until he then asked you. "What...? If there's nothing, then go, Shortie."

You shook your head before deciding to ask him about Reiji. "What do you usually feel about Reiji?" 

He silenced before he replied to you. "...Well."

"Don't just say that... Aren't you all brothers, right?" You said with an unsure voice. 

Shu wrapped his hand on your shoulder and pulled you close to him as he explained, "...Ayato, Laito, and Kanato are triplets. Subaru is an only child."

"Oh, so... you and Reiji are siblings?" 

He nodded. "Yeah."

"And Reiji is your older brother?" 

Suddenly, his hand got off me before he answered. "... Actually I'm the eldest."

"What?!" Your eyes widened widely in shock, making Shu flick his finger on your forehead.