Chapter 17

"WHAT'S GOING ON!?"

(M/n) floated towards Yashiro's spirit, not tearing his eyes from the possessed Yashiro. The white-haired girl was currently in a... questioning position as 'she' pinned Aoi to the wall.

'I'm see through now... Does this mean...?' Yashiro's spirit thought as she watched herself, horrified. Kou looked up to see the two levitating near the ceiling. "Senpai?! That little... He possessed your body, didn't he?!"

"Kou-kun! You can see me?!" Yashiro cried out in relief. The blond male turned his head to look at her directly. "I may not be much of one, but I'm still an exorcist! I'll take care of this! Driving spirits out of people is an exorcist's specialty!"

(M/n) rushed to his side, still floating. "Better do it fast before Hanako does something that Yashiro won't like." He wanted to help, but he couldn't just appear out of thin air for Aoi and Akane to see. Even though the two were currently distracted, he just couldn't risk it. He could go around the corner, but they needed to act fast. Hanako had Aoi pinned already for god's sake.

"Are you hiding something from me? That makes me sad~" 'Yashiro' now had an arm around Aoi as the other one cradled the purple-haired girl's chin. Aoi had an oblivious look on her face, not understanding what was happening. "Nene-chan?"

"STOP IIIIT" Yashiro's cries went unheard. "Aoi's gonna think I'm a weirdo--!" She turned to the blond exorcist. "Kou-kun, hurry--!"

"I—I'm sorry..." The poor male was turned away from the scene, a hand covering his blushing face. 'S—Senpai is seducing...' (M/n) had his mouth agape at Kou.

"If you insist on staying quiet..." 'Yashiro' trailed her finger along Aoi's chin and eventually landed near her lips. Her face hovered above the purple-haired female. "...Them maybe... I'll just have to seal your lips instead~"

'Yashiro' neared Aoi's face, only an inch away from kissing her. (M/n) blanked out. He started to move to a corner to turn back to his normal form. Before the white-haired girl could come any closer, a loud shout interrupted her. All that was present turned to Akane, who was the one who let out the loud shout. The (h/c)-haired male stopped in his tracks and turned back.

The reddish-brown haired male had his hands slightly outstretched, his fingers looked as though he was about to form a fist. Akane lets out a series of huffs before he rushed to the two females. He shouted and pushed Yashiro away from Aoi. He grabbed the back of the white-haired girl's collar and ran off, still screaming.

"Senpai--!" "Hanako-kun--!" Kou and Yashiro yelled after them respectively. (M/n) had his eyebrows furrowed and a confused expression plastered on his face as Akane ran past him while holding onto Yashiro. He wasted no time and levitated besides Akane to keep up with him wherever the heck he was taking Yashiro's body.

"Let's go after them!" Kou ran after the three, Yashiro's spirit following after. Aoi stared at the retreating bodies of the three. Once she was completely alone, her knees rose to her chest. She let out a soft sigh as she directed her glance to the ground blankly. "It happened again... I missed my chance to tell her..."

As soon as Akane stopped at the rooftop, he let go of Yashiro's body and dropped to the ground. (M/n) quickly landed a hard smack to the possessed Yashiro. Hanako stumbled forwards at the impact. He had a hand over the spot where he was hit. "What's the big dea--!"