chapter one ✪

**lowercase intended, unedited

(3rd person)

it's a beautiful sunny day in the outerbanks, and the pogues are chilling at a new home on figure eight.

"i hope you fall and die so i can get your room" charlie yells up to her brother from her seat beside the blonde boy on the scaffolding.

    "a fall from that height, i give you a one in three chance survival." pope continues explaining to a very stupid john b standing on the roof.

    with that john b proceeds to lick his finger and stick it in the air testing the wind direction, "should i jump?"

    "yes and i'll shoot you on the way down." pope teases pointing a drill at him.

    "they're going to have japanese toilets with towel warmers." the curly haired girl informs the group.

"of course they are kie, i can't have cold towels!" jj retorts earning a smack from charlie.

"this used to be a turtle habitat but who cares about the turtles, i guess. can you not kill yourself please."

    "don't listen to her i want your room!" charlie wines only getting a series of eye rolls in response.

    "don't spill that beer. i'm not giving you another one." jj says to john b who, of course, drops it right as he's finishing his sentence earning a chorus of, "of course you drop it right after." "a+ johnny" "nice one." right before security shows up to shut down their pogue party.

"hey!" yells gary, charlie's favourite security guard who she claims to have a crush on her.

    "gary! i missed you baby, how are you!" charlie flirts with him.

    "guys, cops are here let's wrap it up." pope rambles, probably worrying about losing his scholarship. "the boys are early today"

    "humpty dumpty lets roll." jj exclaims. "m'lady" the blonde says grinning with extended arms ready to catch  charlie when she jumps down.

  "good sir" she says blushing but playing along, earning a look from kie, charlie simply sending her a look back as if to say i'll tell you later.

    "come on guys mack later we gotta go right now." pope calls back to the two.
and the chase begins.

    "jj! charlie!" the angry cop chases after them through the construction site.

     "woah not much of a hugger man." jj calls escaping the grasp of another cop. "i'm a hugger!" charlie teases running towards the man only to be pulled away by jj.

  "not now princess, save the hugs for later." jj says to her as the two teenagers run through the house just out of reach of security, slipping down the stairs as he speaks.

    "smooth." charlie giggles at the blonde as they reach the exit where the twinkie is waiting with the rest of the pogues.

      "get up pope, fatso's coming!" jj hollers at pope who just barely made it over the fence now laying on the ground in pain.

    "c'mon popey!" charlie calls jumping over him and into the van, tripping while doing so landing on jj's lap.

    "you could've just asked" the boy smirks at the brunette girl in his lap,

     "keep dreamin' romeo." charlie laughs nervously, patting his chest and trying to get up only to be pulled back down, "jj! stop trying to mack on my sister" john b complains to jj.

    "come here you little pricks!" gary yells still chasing the pogues down the street, "check out gary running for a raise." the other boys laugh at jj's antics.

    "come on gary!" jj teases holding a beer can out the door for him to grab onto.

    "guys stop you're going to give him a heart attack." kiara scolds while the reckless teenagers continue making fun of gary.

    "you can do it gary!" charlie says hanging out the door beside jj.

"char, get back in the van!" john b yells over protectively at his sister who surprisingly obeys, "c'mon johnny, live a little!" charlie responds taking a hit from the blunt jj was previously smoking knowing it would piss him off just a little more.
    with that they're off back to the cut.

➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶

(charlie's pov)

    one thing you should know about the outer banks is how it works. there are the pogues, the poorer side of the island living on the cut, us. the kooks, the rich side of the island living over on figure eight, obviously not us. and finally the tourons, chum for the sharks, people visiting for the summer only to leave and probably never come back. my brother describes it as a three layer burrito which i never understood, but pretend i do because could care less than listening to him explain.

    downside about being a pogue is we're ignored and neglected. upside of being a pogue, were ignored and neglected! we can do whatever we want, whenever we want, all the time and nobody can stop us, some more than others.

    the cut, working class. spend their lives busing tables, washing yachts, running charters. that's us, were basically born and raised to do shit for the lazy ass kooks so that we can survive. pogues, pogies, throwaway fish, call us what you want, pogues life is the life to live.

    figure eight, they spend their lives doing bare minimum getting things handed to the left and right by, yours truly, members of the cut. basically the only way to put it is kooks live in big ass houses on figure eight and do nothing. they have big houses, fancy boats, probably private islands.

authors note:
first chapter is done!!
kind of short.
i apologize for how bad it is,
i'm trying to improve my writing.
  let me know what u think
in the comments😁
vote, comment, and share for
the next chapter

- S💋

                                 word count; 916