chapter four ✪

**lowercase intended, unedited

(charlie's pov)

    "no fucking shit sherlock" i roll my eyes at the boy, earning a smack from my twin.

"motel or meth lab?" "you be the judge"

"fingers crossed on meth lab. i could use some of that shit right about now" i say bluntly earning a laugh and high-five from jj.

"doesn't look like the type of place someone with a grady white would stay" john b says ignoring us being idiots.

"no. looks like the type of place someone with a grady white would get killed." pope says, making me laugh receiving serious looks from the pogues.

"oh we're being serious" i slouch down in my seat.

"alright here we go." "this is your captain speaking. hms pogue comin' in for landing." "whoo!" jj says hopping off the boat and tying it to a tree.

"we good?" "yeah we good" "alright here goes nothin'." john b jumps off the boat like jj did moments before, me not far behind.

"woah where do you think you're goin'?" john b puts his arm out stopping me from walking.

"with you guys, duh. i didn't think you were that stupid." i say emphasizing that.

"no you're not. it could be dangerous" "exactly. someone needs to protect you sissies. plus, jj will listen to me so i can keep him from stealing shit" i pout crossing my arms over my chest.

"let her come jb" jj says wrapping an arm around my shoulders starting to walk away.

"no no no no, you just want her to come becau-" "because she's gonna be mad at me for like ever if i don't let her" jj cuts off john b, "remember last time i didn't let her do something?"

"hey!" pope yells getting our attention. "yeah?" i ask confused. "don't let him do anything stupid" he continues pointing at the blonde next to me.

"oh we will"

"i'm not making any promises" john b laughs.

"i'll try my best popey!" i grin at the darker boy. "let's go make some trouble" i whisper to the tall boy beside me a smirk playing on both our faces as he nods in agreement.

"be careful" kiara says to my brother concern filling her voice, "i mean it." jj and i give eachother questioning looks as if to say what the fuck then shrug it off, i mentally note to ask the girl about it later.

"yeah, yeah" john b chuckles walking off. "let's go." he pats jj's shoulder and struts off us not far behind.

"why are all these mattresses out here?" i ask nobody in particular.

    "after a hurricane they ditch 'em cause they're moldy." jj informs me.

    "wow so you can be smart sometimes" i tease ruffling his hair, making him blush shooting me a big smile.

    "be so careful john" jj teases john b from ahead of us both.

    "god, you're so weird" john b groans pushing jj away.

    "what the heck was that all about?" jj and i ask at the same time. "jinx!" we both yell pointing at eachother.

    "i don't know. maybe she wants us to be careful?" john b rolls his eyes at us.

    "yeah i don't think that's what it was, bro" i shake my head patting his shoulder.

    "since she heard you're being threatened with exile, she's just been like, be so careful john b!" jj continues, moaning in a girly voice mocking kiara.