chapter two ✪

**lowercase intended, unedited

(charlie's pov)

"jj, were back!" i yell. no response, "jj?" nothing. "i don't think he's here, booker."

"check the bedrooms char, he's probably still sleeping." john b responds not really caring.

"j?" i ask opening my bedroom door to him on top of some blonde.

"what the fuck jj! get out!!" i whine covering my eyes and walking back out not wanting to see that anymore. "language charlotte!" john b yells from the kitchen.

    "language charlotte. yeah, whatever." i call back mimicking him.

    "watch it bitch" the blonde girl pouts pushing me and storming out of the chateau jj following close behind.

    "wow j, always pick the good ones." i scoff rolling my eyes walking into my room.

    "aw you jealous princess? don't worry, i'm all yours once john b leaves" jj smirks laying down on my bed beside me putting his head on my stomach.

    "it's never gonna happen man" john b says leaning on the door frame looking at jj clearly not impressed.

"lighten up jb we're just messing with ya" i say smiling down at the blonde boy laying on me.

"hey, didn't you guys have that thing today?" jj questions, "oh yea, cheryl's a real batch." i roll my eyes just thinking about her.

    "she threatened to take us away, but i'm not going to let that happen." john b explained to jj.

   ➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶

(jj's pov)

    the sun is setting now, and we're all out on the hms pogue fishing and swimming. kie and charlie are tanning on the bow and i can't help but sneak glances at charlie every once in a while, she looks so good laying out with the sun shining on her tan skin, and her pink bikini.

    "like the view maybank?" charlie teases lifting her sunglasses to look back at me.

    i quickly turn away and awkwardly scratch the back of my neck, "uh what do you mean?" i ask feeling my cheeks burn up a little.

    she just smiles and winks at me going back to her conversation with kie.

𝑔𝑜𝑑 𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡. 𝑛𝑜 𝑗𝑗! 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑝 𝑖𝑡, 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛 𝑚𝑎𝑛.

➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶

(charlie's pov)

    the next day at the chateau, kie and i are sitting on the dock talking.

    "so when are we gonna talk about it?" kie questions me, referring to jj.

    "talk about what, kie? there's nothing to talk about." i say trying not to be obvious.

    "come on char, it's obvious. you and jj?" she smirks.

    at this point i know i'm blushing like crazy just thinking about him, "me and jj? we're best friends. have been since third grade, it'll never be anything more." i tell her with a slight frown forming as i say the last part.

    "you like him!" she yells just a bit too loud, causing the boys to all turn and look at us clearly having heard her excitement from the porch.