Chapter 13

I parked and waited for Alexander to get out. If he was nervous, he was doing a good job at hiding it. He looked so calm and I was shaking like crazy.

"You ready? I mean you've seen them before but they didn't know who you were."

He put his arm around me, "Ready if you are."

I wasn't but I have to get this over with. Better sooner than later. He took his arm off of me, he probably didn't want to look too intimidating.

I walked into the station and they were sitting there. Alexander came in after me and stood in the corner.

"Hey guys. How are you doing? How bad was the wreck?"

None of them answered me. They were all staring at Alexander. Great, so much for that plan.

"Guys, this is Alexander," He walked over a put his arm around me, "my boyfriend."

They didn't look too thrilled. Howy's jaw dropped and he wouldn't stop staring. Brady and Mitchell looked like they were going to punch him, my dad was sleeping, and my mom had strangled the pillow she was holding on to.

Brady was the first to speak, "How long have you been together?"

I answered before Alexander could, "Almost three months. He's the guy that I told mom about."

They all turned to my mom and glared at her. She must not have told them.

She replied,"I didn't think you were telling the truth. I thought you lied so you wouldn't have to go out with that guy I told you about."

Mitchell asked the next question. "Are you that dude from Hunger Games?"

"Yea, that's me."

Howy spoke up, "That.. is.... awesome! But why do you like Sarah? She's a loser and she's not too pretty if you know what I mean."

What a little brat. "Shut up Howy. Nobody wants your opinion."

He stuck out his tongue and started listening to music. My mom looked away and refused to look me in the eye. Brady and Mitchell were talking about something and we were just standing ther.

"Do you guys want a ride or not? We have classes tomorrow in case you were wondering. We want to get back so we can get at least an hour of sleep."

That made them get up. Howy spit in my dad's ear and ran off before he woke up. Howy and my dad were going with Alexander and the rest were going with me.

We picked the closest and cheapest hotel. On the way there, they were hammering me with opinions and questions. 

My mom was lecturing me and when we got to the hotel, my brothers left us to talk. 

"Sarah, this is not a good thing. He is not good enough for you."

"How? He is only two years older than me! We are happy together. Can't you see that? I think I love him."

"Sarah, how can you say that? You don't even know what love is."

"Do you? You never talk to Dad and he is four years older than you. You don't even act like you are married. You never go on dates or tease each other like we do."

"How dare you talk to your mother like that? When are you going to start acting like an adult? You are irresponsible and you don't know what's best for you."

"When are you going to start acting like my mother?" I was shouting now and I slammed the car door. I ran to the hotel and into Alexander's arms. My brothers and dad were in the room so it was private.