Chapter 15

When we got up the long and steep driveway, I could see the house. There was a tall, black metal gate surrounding it.

It was huge! It was on a slant but still beautiful. The front part was yellow-brown brick and there were bushes lining the identical wall.

The front door was covered with a brick structure. It looked like a dome.When we got up the long and steep driveway, I could see the house. There was a tall, black metal gate surrounding it.

It was huge! It was on a slant but still beautiful. The front part was yellow-brown brick and there were bushes lining the identical wall.

The front door was covered with a brick structure. It looked like a dome. There was another side to the house and it had the same structure as the other side, it was just a bit taller and longer. 

Up another separate driveway, there were five garages. When we got past the gate, he pulled into his garage door. It had his name above it and his younger siblings had doors too.

I got out and let Waverly out too. She ran to the front door and started barking. I woke up the puppies and put them on their leashes. I made them go potty before they went into that house though. 

Before we even had our bags out of the back seat, Sharlene was out of the door and helping me.

"You must be Sarah!" She gave me a big hug and grabbed one of my bags from me. She also grabbed the puppy bag. Maggie, Kelvin, and Waverly were running around the yard and the puppies were straining on their leashes to get to the other dogs.

Sharlene gave Alexander a little hug but then she went for the puppies. I laughed. I found it funny that she wanted to see them more than she wanted to see her own son.

He was laughing too. She picked up Pepper first and started hugging her. I shot him a "See" smile and continued watching.

"Who picked out this little puppy? She is adorable."

"I did, Alexander wanted Zeus."

"Figures," she looked at him, "You need to start listening to this girl. She picked out the right dog."

"Yea, thanks Mom."

She smiled, "Anytime."

Zeus was jumping up at her feet so Waverly came over and picked him up. SH ebrought him over to Maggie and Kelvin and they started sniffing each other.

"What is her name? I'm assuming the German Shepherd is Zeus."

"Yea, that's Pepper."

"Oh, cute. What breed is she. I've never seen this kind of dog before."

"Oh yea, she's a Dalmation mix. We don't know what other half she is."

"I'll go put our things away." Alexander grabbed our bags and Zeus and walked into the house.

"He probably wants to show him off to his siblings. He always said when he was older he would buy a German Shepherd puppy. Looks like he didn't lie."

I grinned, "Yea, we had to pick either Pepper or Zeus, but when we picked one, we couldn't bare to leave the other one behind. Zeus is pretty much his and Pepper is pretty much mine."

"They are adorable. I was ignoring his pup to see if it would get a rise out of him It usually does, I guess he is on hi best behavior with you here. I don't think he will stay this calm though. His siblings sure do know how to make him madder than heck."

"I know the feeling, I have two older brothers and one younger brother. They are always trying to make me mad. Well at least the younger one is."

"Oh, I didn't know you came from a family of six too."