Chapter 5: Reunion

The Next Morning

After that eventful night, you holed up in an abandoned apartment building after robbing a restaurant of some food and other things for sustenance. You were currently sat outside on a window ledge staring down at everything below you as 'his' words were bouncing around in your mind.

"I never meant to do you wrong...I just didn't know what to do..." You furrowed your brows while clenching a left over piece of bread in your hands. "...I loved you..." You scoffed and threw the bread away in frustration.

"Damn that stupid old man! Saying stupid shit like that. Tch." You scratched your head in frustration and confusion as you looked down at the people below walked around minding their own business. "Well, let's walk around again today and see if there's anything that can give me some fun." You said as you stood up on the ledge and put one foot forward off the building before dropping to the ground below you.

As you neared ground level, you spun around in the air and landed on one knee like those heroes did in the TV shows you'd rarely watch. As you stood up, you cringed at the image of yourself shivered as the people on the sidewalk were in utter shock of seeing you just land on the ground out of no where.

"Yeah, that's definitely not my kind of landing style. How could anyone think that's cool? Weirdo's." You said as you walked on casually to find something to entertain you. "Well, I ran into the old bastard and my brothers, the only one I haven't seen yet was..." You furrowed your brows as you tried to remember your mother. "...What happened to you I wonder...did you abandon me as well...?" You mumbled as you decided to head back to see what you could find on her.

After a couple minutes of walking, you found your way back to the park and decided to take a rest on the park bench to take in the sun and fresh air. As you sat around with your arms spread atop the bench and your right leg resting on top of your other leg, you had your eyes closed and kept to yourself as best as you could, until you heard something stop in front of you. Raising a brow, you looked forward with one eye and found yourself staring a young girl dressed in a yellow and white sun dress with a white undershirt and black shoes. She had brown hair that reached to her middle area of her back and had her hands clasped together in front of her.

"What're ya doing?" You asked in confusion of her actions.

"U-Um...You're the mister that beat up those guys trying to get me that night...right?" She asked as you were confused at first, but then remembered the night you beat up those three goofballs.

"Ah, you're that brat that ran off, huh?" You asked as you sat up and brought your leg down as you fully looked at her now.

"Y-Yes. My name is A-Alicia Allenberg..." She said in a timid tone as you had a perplexed look on your face.

"Y-Yeah, sure." You said as the conversation fell silent between the two of you and you looked around before speaking up again. "W-Well, you here with ya Mom again? Or she do somethin' to send ya off runnin' again?" You asked as she instantly shook her head.

"I'm here with my big sister. I told her about what happened and she said that she'd like to meet you and thank you for saving me. Oh, and mommy's been going to get help ever since that night...She's trying to get better so she can be a better mommy." She explained as you just sat there and listened to whatever this 7 year old had to say.

The little girl stood there with her head low as she was too intimidated by your looks to meet her eyes with yours. She felt bad not being able to converse properly with you, but just then she felt a hand quickly ruffle her hair before getting pulled away.

"Don't cause too much trouble for your care takers. Else they'll toss ya out of your home." You said as she looked up to see you lookin' in a different direction. "Just be a nice ol' girl and you'll be fine." You said as she smiled from your response and act of kindness.