Chapter 40

Amara's POV

The car door opens and I am instantly blinded by the restaurant lights. Wait. I recognise this place. I look up to see the name of the restaurant and get a sense of deja vu.

La Rouge.

No fucking way. I am using every bit of self-control here and this idiot wants to pick the same restaurant we went on our first date.

I make my way inside and there was a man standing at the door.

"Hi, could I get a name?" He asks in a surprisingly gruff voice

"Vincent Knight." I smile and notice he was devilishly very handsome. He gives me a dazzling smile of his own and slips me a piece of paper.

"Enjoy your night." I walk in and send the number to Hazel.

Can you find out how old he is?

Her reply was instant.

Yeah, give me 5.

I look around and see Vincent sitting at the same fucking table as 8 fucking years ago. My heels click their self across the marble flooring as I make my way towards him.

He's 23

Too young.

I reply to Hazel and look up to see I was a few steps away from the table.

Control.

Control.

Control.

I keep repeating this word in my head because I know the second I stop, I'll end up doing something that I won't regret but it would be stupid.

"Amara, you look beautiful." Vincent gets up to pull my chair but I get to it before he can.

"I wish I could say the same thing about you. And I can get my own chair." I give him an over the top fake smile and take my seat. He slowly goes back and sits in his chair and opens his navy blazer's up.

"Shall we order?" He asks and I grab the menu and have a look through. Same old shitty menu. Vincent signals and a waitress is at our table at lightning speed.

Talk about being desperate.

"Can I get the Solange Terra and a bottle of Chardonnay too?" The waitress nods and starts noting the order down on the I Pad.

"I would like the Lobster Guerra please."

"Which side?" She asks.

"Umm the whole lobster?" My voice raises an octave and the waitress looks at me like I was an alien.

"Sure." She says after a couple of seconds and walks off.

"Why did you pick this restaurant?" I ask him curiously.

"Because this is where we started our story. And it only makes sense if we would begin it back here."

"Okay let's talk terms. You brought your contract right?" I quickly search for it but don't see anything that could carry a stack of papers.