Chapter 1: Finding Sacred Grounds

The world of Remnant is a dangerous place, particularly for man

The world of Remnant is a dangerous place, particularly for man. In the countless years that humanity has roamed the planet, civilizations have grown and fallen. Despite this history, four kingdoms have withstood this test of time: Atlas, Mistral, Vacuo, Vale. These four, with the help of natural barriers and human ingenuity, have proven that they have the will to survive. They stand as beacons of hope, as safe havens from the darkness that surrounds them. They are the key to mankind's survival, as long as they stand united against the creatures of darkness that threatens their existence, the Grimm...

 They are the key to mankind's survival, as long as they stand united against the creatures of darkness that threatens their existence, the Grimm

The Ashlands that have consumed a large portion of the Earth is an even more dangerous place, especially for those that came before it. In just a decade alone, the ash had mutated the already looming threat that was the Aragami menace, and with them, consumed the entire surface of the known world, forcing humanity underground in large, city-sized ports to await extinction. Through the same human ingenuity as their Remnant counterparts, the people of the ports have created the Adaptive God Eater, or AGE: Human-Aragami hybrids that are able to roam the Ashlands for prolong periods of time, compared to a normal person. But even with the development of AGEs, the Ashlands have given birth to even more monstrous creatures, the Ashborn, and their biggest threat yet: the Ashwrought. Despite the threat, humanity still stands firmly united against them...

As the four kingdoms serve as a beacon of light for Remnant, the ports of the Ashlands serve as a flickering light in a sea of darkness, ready to extinguish at any moment. Thus, we begin our tale in the barren wasteland that is the Ashlands.

*.....vvvvvvvvVVVVRRRRRrrrrr....!*
*C-C-Clunk!*

Through the vast, desert-like wasteland that is the Ashlands, a large  van drove through the dirt and sand mixed soil, running over the side of an old aluminium can with no resistance. The vehicle itself has had its share of use as bottom half of it was caked in dirt, dents, and scratches. The upper half, its dirty mix of beige and green still shined, if one could even call it that. The light bars that sat above the roof and on the bumper alternated in conjecture as they turned themselves on and off, and the tires that the vehicles sat on barely had any tread left on them.