Chapter 3: A City Surrounded by Darkness

Through the summer's evening, the Hounds of the Chrysanthemum walked the long abandoned road in between Mountain Glenn and Vale, leaving a trail behind them in the form of ember amber colored beacons in the lightly densed woods. Off the beaten path upon a far off hill, a titan of a Grimm stands firmly in place as it watched the Hounds roam, using the foliage as cover.

Upon its back, the smaller beasts of Grimm began to go berserk upon the sense of human life, leaping off of it in a chase for fresh blood in a large pack

Upon its back, the smaller beasts of Grimm began to go berserk upon the sense of human life, leaping off of it in a chase for fresh blood in a large pack. As the smaller, younger wolves and boar resembling Grimm pursued the Hounds, the titan that was the elder stood in silence and nothing more. The possibility of immense strength among seven heavily armed people was enough for it to forsee death ahead of its younger associates as it backed away.

The young Beowulves and Borbatusks ravaged through the wood with murderous intent, tracking the unaware Hound's by their negative emotions as they chatted.

Zeke: Come on....! Is this more to this place than just trees!? Are we lost!?

Looking behind him as they walked along the crumbled tarmac, Keith answered as he noticed the most recent amber beacon in the distance.

Keith: No, I see the last beacon I placed down.

Lulu: Forests tend to span miles upon miles, Zeke. For all we know, it could take days of walking before we ever reach the castle.

Looking up at the castle shaped structure from the sunset, Hugo rebutted.

Hugo: We've made some progress in the last... well...

Claire: Ten hours.

Hugo: Ten hours, thank you Claire. I doubt it would take more than another day to make it there.

Zeke: We've been walking for ten hours!? What!?

Dante: Yeah. We have. Course, we stopped a few times to study and take photos of the organic life that grew here.

Beside him, Phym skipped along with her God Arc in hand and a small crown of assorted flowers they had found along the way.

Phym: Da-de-dum, dum...

Lulu: You're tired, aren't you?

Zeke: Tired of walking? Of course. All we do aside from that is take pictures of flowers.

Claire: This is an exploration mission, Zeke. I honestly don't know what you expected.

Zeke: Danger.

Dante: Of course you expected danger.

Turning around to explain, Zeke went on.

Zeke: I just want something to fight, literally anything would do.

As he said that, the creatures of Grimm had made intercepted their location. The others became alarmed as a creature of bone and dark fur towered behind him, staring him down with its burning eyes of hatred as it raised his sharpened claws above its wolf skull head. Seeing their senses heightened, Zeke slouched his shoulders down in disbelief as he asked.