Itachi Returns

"For her outstanding work over forty eight long hours assisting in healing all injured patients, despite having already participated in the Chunin finals and then in the fight against the Sound and Sand Ninja. I promote Sakura Haruno to the position of Head Nurse" Tsunade announced.

She stooped down a little and pinned a small gold badge in the shape of a syringe to the collar of Sakura's nurses uniform.

"I hope I made the right decision here Sakura. This position comes with a lot of responsibility and you still have much to learn. But congratulations nonetheless" Tsunade muttered and stood upright again.

"I won't let you down Tsunade-sama. I promise" Sakura replied confidently.

"We're totally getting ahead! This is so freaking cool!"Inner cheered.

"Alright Sakura-chan! Way to go!" Naruto said standing up and clapping loudly, knocking his chair over in the process.

The other members of the Konoha Hospital staff clapped as well, doctors and nurses alike muttering their approval, Shizune smiled brightly and clapped loudly for Sakura as well. Many of those who Sakura had assisted in healing during the invasion had also attended the hospital when they heard about her promotion ceremony. Kakashi clapped too smiling through his mask and felt very proud of his female student. Sasuke kept his hands deep within his pockets but he caught Sakura's eye and smirked at her from across the room. But a group of nurses remained huddled together, three or four of them and their thoughts and whispers were by no means approving.

Sakura brushed it off she knew there would be some who would not be thrilled with the situation. Even she had doubts when Tsunade had decided that she was being promoted, Sakura knew head nurse had charge of all the other nurses, attended all the surgeries and saw to all the recoveries in the hospital. Balancing that along with her training with Tsunade and Team 7 Sakura wasn't sure if she'd even have anytime to herself. But it was all to get stronger and ultimately to find her parents and bring them home.

It hurts they're not here to see this, and to have to lie to everyone and say that my mother was sick. That she couldn't make it. How long now until everyone finds out? After the death of the Hokage they'll find someone else to take over and then they'll come looking for answers.

"Shows over! Back to work all of you we have a lot to clean up and restock now that everyone's treated. Sakura you have the rest of the day off but you'll be here early tomorrow with Shizune so she can show you what you're responsibilities are as the head nurse. I suggest you use the time to prepare and study" Tsunade instructed and the hospital staff dispersed, with a nod towards Sakura her sensei then departed with Shizune following close behind her.

The villagers looked at each other half confused and half scared before leaving the hospital quickly. Clearly the extent of Tsunade's temper had reached even the most out of touch civilians, no one wanted to get her on bad side.

"Congratulations Sakura, it's such a shame your mother couldn't attend. I hope she feels better soon" Kakashi said ruffling her hair.

"Thanks sensei. I'll pass on your thoughts to her" Sakura replied trying her best to be cheerful.

"You have the day off Sakura! What are you going to do?" Naruto asked excitedly bouncing around.

"I don't know Naruto. I guess I should probably go home and see about my mother and then brush up on everything I need for tomorrow like Lady Tsunade said" Sakura sighed feeling the tiredness setting in.

"Aww no you can't just do whatever that big boobed granny tells you! Besides you should take the time and relax!" Naruto exclaimed and Sakura stiffened at the words he used to describe Tsunade, fearing she might here.