May god have mercy on me

A/N

This is a preacher au where it takes place in some time frame idk. I'll be using Catholic reference just because I want to. And apparently Catholics believe that demons taunt priests with sexual desires. So yeah enjoy. Trigger warning if you're sensitive to religious stuff. 🍋maybe smut🍋

Henry's POV

      "And all of the Lords angels sang in a beautiful harmony, the watched as God laid waist to to sinners, non believers and demons. He forced them into a fiery pit he called Hell. He banished them to endless torcher, that would break every soul countless times over." I paused. Most of the people in the wooden pews were smiling and wordlessly praying.

     "On that day, all the saints and repented souls will ascend and forever live in heaven with the Lord." I said almost automatically. I closed my book and looked out at the people. "That is all for today my children, confessionals with take place once everyone has returned to their homes... and all the lords people said," Amen. They finished in unison.

     I stepped of off the podium and walked to my office. It was a small room lined with book cases and a desk in the middle. I slid my book into it's spot in the case and turned around. I really did hate confessionals. I was just expected to keep all these secrets for cheaters, killers and rapists. It made me sick.

Most of the older people didn't really like me as the head priest. Honestly I don't blame them. I'm still in my early 20s.

      I turned the corner and passed an all to familiar route to the small enclosed boxes. I was there in only a few minutes and stepped inside. I tried to close the door but my robes were caught. 'These things are the worst." I mumbled.

      "Take it off then doll~" a silky voice whispered in my ear. I looked around but no one was there. 'I must be going mad.' I fixed the door and waited. Eventually the other door opened and shut just as quickly. "Forgive me father for I have sinned." The voice from the other side said. He's a regular. "Tell me your sins my child." I replied like I always did.

     This process continued on for a while, probably too long for my taste. Most of the confessions were small things like forgetting to pray before bed or lying about doing something to a parent. Finally, the final person walked into the other room. "Forgive me father, for I have sinned." Came the voice of a tiny girl. She couldn't have been above seven. "Tell me your sins my child." I said like always.

   "I have let something inside. It's been many nights since it's been in, but it's still here." Her voice was so small compared to the babbling, cheating husbands that have come into the same room before her. " let  what in?" I asked, this could be very serious. I hear the little girl scratch a part of her body. "Him. He told me he wanted you, he's always watching you. Please forgive me."

    " your sins are forgiven my child, you may leave with a clean heart and a bright spirit." I said the line that was practically fed to me over all my years of schooling. After a while I hear the doors to the front of the church open and close. I signed, opened the door and stretched my arms. I start the trek back to my office to finish some of my records. Suddenly, I hit something.

      I pushed myself off of it and look up. The thing made me stumble back a few paces. It was so tall, maybe 7? No 8 feet tall. It's body was completely pitch black. It was smiling at me. It's Teeth where so sharp looking. And it had something dripping over where it's eyes should be. It Tilted it's head and took a step towards me. "What's the matter doll?" It asked stepping closer. I couldn't move. My legs were frozen.