13

-

Lisa saw a glimpse of Jisoo's text and she barely had the time to react because the next thing she knew someone was standing in front of her desk.

"Hi, I'm here to see Kim Jisoo."

And Lisa was afraid to look up.

She knew this day would come. The day when she'd see her again. But Lisa didn't expect it to be this soon. She needed more time to let herself prepare. She wasn't ready.

Her hands started to shake ever so slightly and she had to tell herself to calm down, because her freak out wasn't helping. She slowly put her phone down and took a deep breath.

Lisa looked up and there she was.

Jennie.

Sweet, beautiful Jennie, with her arms crossed over her chest and a pair of black shades covering her eyes.

"Are you just going to stare at me or are you going to say something?"

Lisa's voice was stuck in her throat—she really wasn't ready to face her.

"Are you deaf or something?"

Excuse me?

"Uh—I—"

"Look," Jennie took off her glasses, sighing. "I had a really shitty morning so if you could please just let her know I'm here."

Well. Lisa didn't know what to expect, but she wasn't expecting that.

"I have an appointment at 11? I'm Kim Jennie from Kim Law Firm."

"Right," was all Lisa could reply.

Because how could she say more? When Jennie was right here in front of her. Staring at Lisa with those lovely brown eyes that Lisa would stare into every night, before it all turned to shit.

"So?" Jennie stood there with an expectant look.

Lisa gulped. She could do this. She just had to bring Jennie to the meeting room and it would be over. Lisa could cry or shout or whatever after that.

Yeah. She could do this.

She stood up shakily, fiddling with her fingers. She stared at Jennie's eyes once more and stepped around her desk. "I'll take you to the meeting room."

"Great."

Lisa walked ahead, feeling Jennie walked behind her, and it was really hard for her to focus. She tried her best to steady her breathing and to calm her heart down so it wasn't beating as erratically, but it was useless.

Just a few more steps.

Once she stood in front of the meeting room, she pushed the door open and gestured for the brunette to enter.

Lisa cleared her throat, "I'll tell her that you're here."

Jennie just nodded in response, and Lisa took that as a cue to leave the room.

Once she closed the door, she leaned against it and closed her eyes. All the feelings that she was trying so hard not to feel came rushing in all at once.

She was overwhelmed. She thought she would never see the older girl again, yet here she was, just a door away. Lisa took a shaky breath and willed herself not to cry and stepped away from the room—she couldn't let Jennie see her in this state, even though the latter doesn't have a clue as to who she was.

Lisa shook her head and took a deep breath. Don't cry. Now she just needed to tell Jisoo. Then maybe she should get an early lunch. She felt like she could use a break. She walked towards Jisoo's office and knocked on the door

She peered inside, "Hey, she's here"

Jisoo stopped typing and turned to Lisa.

"Jennie's here," Lisa clarified.

Don't cry, Lisa.

Jisoo scratched her head and looked back at her computer, "I just need to finish this email real quick, it's urgent."

"Uhm, okay."

Calm down.

She was about to close the door when Jisoo spoke up, "Wait, Lisa."

Lisa opened the door fully, "Yeah?"

"Can you keep her company?"

"What?"

"Just for like... Ten minutes or so."

Lisa stared at Jisoo like she was crazy. Because that was what Jisoo was. Crazy.

"I can't—I can't do that?" Lisa took a step forward and brought her hand up to her forehead. "Jisoo, I could barely stand being with her for a minute."

Jisoo looked at her with a confused look, "What, why? Were you two not on good terms? In the other life, I mean."

"Well—kind of."

Jisoo raised her eyebrows at the younger girl, "Huh, so there is something you're not telling me."

Lisa gave a grimace, "It's a long story."

"Well, she doesn't remember whatever happened between the two of you, if that helps?" Jisoo pouted, "Ten minutes... please?"

And Lisa should've said no. That was what she wanted to do. But she loved her friends and she would do anything they asked her to. So she exhaled loudly, "Fine, but you owe me big time."

The last thing Lisa saw before she closed the door was Jisoo smiling apologetically at her and a "You better spill whatever drama you have with her later!"

-