Dear Love,

Dear love,

I grow more and more silent with each passing day, as you grow more and more distant, you seem so far away, and nothing can seem to break this sick spell, I don't even know if I know you well.

I don't know if you're happy or sad or angry or tired, I have no idea what in your life has transpired. I have never shown hate or unkindness, but my silence, it kills you slowly.

It kills me slowly as I watch our tender friendship gently die. Withering away with each day passed that neither of us speak. Each reminder that I still care for you that way. Each time I bring this disfigured love into your view, you hide away again and I am again left to weep and beg for you.

We grow further and further apart, yet you stay ambivalent towards everything, so childishly innocent in every way. You tell me you love me, but not like that, and you and I can't even chat anymore because I love you.

Because I love you and you don't love me like that, you sit silently as I scramble for safe thing of to chat. You end each conversation with an empty declaration of love and expect me to say it back. And I do, as I want to be friends, but that's not how this story ends.

Because you stopped saying "I love you."

You pulled away from me, keeping secrets because of feelings that I can't control, I try to let go, but this heart won't do so.