A well overdue conversation

The young brunette placed her bouquet of lilies upon her father's tombstone. She forced a small smile and took her jacket off and moved to sit down on the fabric.

"Daddy, do you remember Robin?" She asked and moved to place her hand gently on her still flat stomach. She knew how much her father had loved Robin. They had become such close friends at the age of 10 and had been inseparable ever since. Henry had always encouraged Robin to ask Regina out and he finally got his wish, even after his passing.

"Well, " She began, swallowing thickly and doing her best to keep her tears at bay. "I'm carrying his baby." She whispered and rubbed her stomach slowly.

"His reaction wasn't the way I had wanted it." She mumbled before gently brushing her fingers along the delicate petals of his favorite flowers. "He told me that he couldn't do it." She closed her eyes, her tears slipping gently down her cheeks. The realization was hitting Regina harder and harder every time she thought more about the situation.

"Were you like this when mother got pregnant with Amelia?" She whispered after a few moments of silence. Her older sister was a teen pregnancy baby even though Cora was 18, she wished she knew how her father had reacted to the news. She wished that he was actually there to talk to her and tell her what she could do, knowing she would be raising a baby without its father.

After an hour or so, Regina had finished her conversation with her father before wiping her eyes, placing a gentle kiss upon her father's stone, and rising to her feet. She brushed the dirt off her clothes before looking back at her mother's car sadly. She said a final goodbye to her father before slowly walking towards her mother.

"Are you able to drop me off at Amelia's for the day?" She inquired as she got into the car with her mother.

"You haven't seen your sister since she had Jackson..." Cora mentioned before pulling out of the cemetery and merging back onto the main road.

"I know but I need to talk to her, especially now." She whispered and looked over at the older woman. "I need to see my sister."

Cora glanced over at Regina with a small frown before nodding quietly. Regina hadn't had the closest relationship with her sister, so it threw Cora off a little when Regina asked to see her sister.

The car ride into the county was a quiet one between both women. Regina sat in the passenger seat anxiously and glanced out the window every so often while her mother hummed softly along to the radio as it played. The younger brunette had her thoughts racing through her mind as she tried to think of how she would talk to her sister. She was never that close with Amelia, with her being nearly 10 years older than Regina, she never really got to bond with her.

"Are you sure you want to do this sweetheart?" Her mother asked softly as she turned onto her sister's street.

"I need to do this. I have to talk to her and find out what to do. You had daddy when you had her." Regina explained. "Kieran left her when she told him about Jackson." She whispered and fiddled with her fingers as Cora continued to drive.

"She may have not had Kieran but she did have your father and me to help."

"Daddy isn't here anymore," Regina mumbled fighting off the tears as she thought about her father. "Which makes it all the more difficult because he would know just what to say." She said as she looked back at Cora, watching them pull into her sister's driveway. The young mother to be grabbed her bag and waited for the car to be put into park before she opened the door and got out. "I will call you when I need you to come and get me." She said as she closed the door. "I just really need to do this." She repeated before waving goodbye to her mother and slowly walking to the big brown door of the fairly large house.