Chapter 10 - Amalie's POV

I was just about to go see Maggie when I see Kenzie charge out of their room and sprint away. Something must've happened. I whisper at the curtain "Maggie, are you okay?"
There's no reply so I decide to step in.

"Maggie, what was in the draw?" Glenn asks Maggie.
"Oh it's nothing really" Maggie tries to reassure him.
Though obviously this isn't enough as Glenn strides over to the draw and vigorously pulls it open. He then just stares blankly at something inside it before slowly sitting on the bed.

I stand there awkwardly for about 2 minutes until Glenn finally says something.
"Maggie, it's not gonna be bad. I mean I'm thinking this place is secure and it has been for a while. We have Caesar for our leader now."
I have no clue what he's talking about.
"Yeah but Glenn, you saw what he did to my dad!" Maggie begins to cry again.
"Yeah but the Governor is dead now. It's gonna be okay Maggie, we're gonna be okay." Glenn pulls her into a cuddle and Maggie manages a smile before muttering "Beth, is she okay?"
"I'll go check on her" I offer as I realise I really wasn't helping just standing there watching them hug like a creep.

I really wanted to look in the draw but it was their private business, though I think I figured out what was in the draw. Beth is Maggie's sister and she's 17 so a year younger than me. She seems nice though it's hard to see her real personality because most people aren't themselves after they've just witnessed their father being beheaded.