Chapter 1

Michael POV

We are all getting ready for battle once more armor, swords, shields, guns. Everything you can think of. Someone had at lease one of everything.

As I looked around, I seen my peoples faces..

They were scared.

They didnt want to die.

I didnt want to die.

They all know that this moment could be the last time they see their mates, children, best friends, fathers, mothers. Everyone was sad.

I was sad

I turned to my father, he was confident but scared nonetheless, he didn't want this to be the last time he seen me.

"I love you son."

"I love you too dad.."

We began the slow march to the borderline where the battle has been raging on. Their filthy sent and dirty paws have been all over that. My panther pacing in my mind and growling nervously had me pause for a second..

Rome, you ok? You seem overly nervous. I asked him, genuinely concerned for him.

I am nervous, something good is coming out of today for us and I though I don't know what it is, it has me on edge. He replied

Romeo, why would something good come out of a battle with those flea bitten dirt bags?

Michael, have you ever thought that they are just like us.. they have an animal they can call upon and talk to just like us. I don't think you want to feel this way... its just that you were taught to feel this way. He replied.

He was right, theu are just like us, as I started to wage battle within myself about my feelings a horn sounded.

Were here.

Its time.

I'm ready...

Aren't I?

Kiera POV

Everyone had already done got prepared, instead of resting a little more than what I felt was unnecessary, I had them at least gather their things. So it only took a max of 30 minutes to get ready.

All they had to do was put on their armor, say the hardest goodbyes and i love yous of their entire life then come to the meeting place.

We all met close to the boarder, we had fought on the borderline of our territory and theirs, the vermin, leech, discusting creatures.

You know I don't understand the need to have that kind of thought about them. They are the same as us. They just shift into a different animal than we do. My wolf Juliet noted and until she said that I hadn't even thought about why I felt the was I did. I hadn't even considered the fact that they are human shifters who were blessed with the goddesses gift of an animal spirit just like us.

You're right Juels, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I replied.

Not uncomfortable, just a bit nervous. I can feel something good is going to happen to us today on the battlefield. I don't know what yet though. Now that she mentioned it she did seem a bit nervous. She was never usually this nervous. She was always ready to fight.

Though today, she paced in my mind, whining about something.

Girl you gotta-

"I love you both, and I'm proud of the people you have become." My dad interrupted.

"I love you too dad" we both replied at the same time and proceeded to hug each other..

We heard the horn of battle.

Their here..

Its time..

I'm ready...

Aren't I?

3 Person POV

Both sides seemingly ready for battle and as the horn sounded once more. Both sides charged toward each other caught up in the moment, while the two unsuspecting mate on the battlefield fought. Unwillingly getting brought towards each other and towards a secluded spot where no one could see them..

One after another, they defeated their opponents until they turned around and clashed swords, looking into each others eyes, they knew. One taking the others breathe away, they dropped their swords, eager to touch the other. Their animals not yet satisfied.

More their animal sides pleaded with them.

We need more.

As their hands came in contact with the others face, the tingles ran up from their fingers and pulsed throughout their whole body, their animals forcing the word mine from their lips...

Their hands bringing their faces closer together before smashing their lips together.

They both lost the last bit of control they were both holding onto for dear life. They broke apart the kiss.

Then they savagely started taking the pther ones armor off.

Its time.

Their ready.

They have to be.