Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)

Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is characterized by persistent and excessive worry about a number of different things. People with GAD may anticipate disaster and may be overly concerned about money, health, family, work, or other issues. Individuals with GAD find it difficult to control their worry.

Symptoms include

restlessness

a sense of dread

feeling constantly "on edge"

difficulty concentrating

irritability

dizziness

tiredness

a noticeably strong, fast or irregular heartbeat 

muscle aches and tension

trembling or shaking

Dry mouth

excessive sweating

shortness of breath

stomach ache

feeling sick

Headaches

Pins and needles

difficulty falling or staying asleep 

When worrying about multiple different things like "did I do this?" Or "when is that again" make a list of events and things you need to do so you wont forget.

If a person with GAD is overthinking about what someone else is thinking about them, what I like to do is boil water, then put it in a cup and let the cup get hot, then dump out the water and put an iced cube in it. Imagine the ice cube is all of your worries and fears and watch as the ice cube slowly melts into water, and imagine the water as a calming ocean that you would like to visit.

If you know someone with GAD, do not tell them to "stop worrying" "your just overthinking" "stop being over dramatic" or "try ___ to keep your mind off of it" the last one will most likely be something they dont do often and if the person with GAD actually does it, they will be constantly reminded on why they are doing it, which will lead to more worrying and/or over thinking.

If you or someone you know are having a panic attack, go or take them to a quiet place, the less people, the better. They may find it hard to walk so let them take their time, it will cause more stress than necessary if the person is rushed. One in a secure place with little to no people, pick a color, any color you want and look around and say out loud the things you see with that color, if you like you could make a list and make short stories with those items in the stories.

COMMENT HERE OTHER MENTAL ILLNESSES YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO DO.