Chapter 5: Freedom And Morning Toast

A/N: HI EVERYONE! I want to thank you all for waiting but chapter 5 is finally here! For those of you who don't know; I've created a Patreon where I write and commission scripts to be read by a voice actor as KYLO REN. I post clips/edits of those audios as well as snippets from A Place To Escape on my TikTok!  You can find my Patreon AND my Tiktok under Lady_In_Writing! Love you all! Enjoy chapter 5!! 

Since people were asking: the song Evangeline sings is "Guy What Takes His Time" by Christina Aguilera from the Burlesque movie!

A Place To Escape: Chapter 5 (Freedom And Morning Toast)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first time Evangeline sensed Kylo's emotions had been exceedingly alarming. The experience brought on an instant spike of bottomless hunger, as Kylo's cravings for her took root within her own body.

His desires had caused sweat to roll down her spine, her chest to tighten, and her thighs to tremble. It was as if her whole body vibrated at his call.

It terrified her that his magic had such control even when they were separated.

Thankfully the sensation isn't constant, giving Evangeline the impression that Kylo isn't purposefully reaching out to her, or isn't aware of the—

Connection? Bond?

Whatever the fuck it is...

Just when she had decided to detach her emotions, he managed to pull her back in.

She's stronger than this! Smarter than this!

She would not be swayed by his beautiful face, soul-stirring eyes, sensual lips, rough calloused hands, sinfully deep voice, and perfect cock that could—

Stop that! Stop thinking about him!

But she couldn't. No matter how hard she tried, Kylo Ren clung like a parasite.

She thought about him after every performance when it was her choice to take a client into her bed or not. Thought about him every time she fastened his gift around her neck, and every time his needs called out to her.

Being able to peek into Kylo's life alerted Evangeline to the fact that he had a horrible habit of ignoring his own wellbeing.

He wouldn't eat when he was hungry and didn't sleep until he was on the brink of exhaustion.

It made her twitch in annoyance. He was a fucking grown-ass man; shouldn't he know how to take care of himself?

What was more vexing was that she found herself wishing she could look after him. She knew that some part of him was crippled by the pain of his past.

He admitted that his family had abandoned him. Perhaps he never had someone to cook for him, care for him, or love him?

That's a job for a mother or a wife.

Evangeline is neither.

She's his whore, and the sooner she accepts that the better off they'll both be.

They don't belong to each other, but Kylo had freed her—didn't that entitle him to her gratitude? Her affection?

Evangeline doesn't want anything to change between them, but she also doesn't want to develop feelings for someone who would never choose her.

"They never stay Strawberry, you know that. Don't let him trick you into thinking otherwise."

Damon's words had stung, but they forced her to face reality.

Kylo Ren would never love her, so she would not let herself love him.

That, however, does not change the fact that she genuinely enjoys her nights with him. He's intense, guarded, and yet, so fragile.