Chapter 8: Attacked

((Author's Note: I first want to apologize for the delay of this chapter. This chapter is one of the main reasons I STARTED writing "A Place To Escape". So that I could write and process my own trauma/experience with sexual abuse. Because of this, it was extremely difficult for me to get through. The whole purpose of Kylo and The Paradise Girls in this chapter was to represent support I needed after my assault, that I did not have. I'm placing a warning at the start of this chapter, please do not read if violence and/or sexual abuse could be triggering for you! The actual sexual assault is not depicted. However beforehand and the aftermath and those raw emotions are. Please tread carefully if you need! All my love!)) 

A Place To Escape: Chapter 8 (Attacked)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Their bond had weakened.

As much as it pained him, there was no denying the truth.

The strain of Kylo closing their connection and the abandonment Evangeline felt afterward had left their bond withered and dry.

They tried desperately to help it regrow, to water it and nourish it like a tiny seedling.

It was a daunting task, but one that neither of them was willing to give up on.

Much to his distaste, Kylo found that being Supreme Leader continued to keep him away from his Little Bird. However, he did whatever he could to show her that he would return as soon as he was able.

Every night he would attempt to reach out to her through the bond. Although it was now extremely draining to do so, he still tried every single night. To Kylo, it was worth it, so that they might feel one another's presence before drifting off to sleep.

It wasn't until the fifth night that Kylo found himself wondering why he was trying so hard to please her. In the beginning, his continued visits to Paradise House had only been a way for him to distract himself; a way to have control of at least one aspect of his life as he found sexual release.

But, now?

Now, he had found so much more than that. What that was, he still did not quite understand.

The only thing Kylo knew for sure, was that he had become addicted to Evangeline's aura. The light that surrounded her was all-encompassing, like rays of bright sunlight.

Everything had been so bleak before her, and now, Kylo finds himself fearful of losing her. How could he possibly return to grey numbness when she had shown him what it was like to be sunkissed?

Ridiculous really, that the Supreme Leader of the galaxy would depend on the comforting arms of a soft, sweet, caring, beautiful, little—

Dangerous, this was dangerous.

Dangerous because he had only ever been taught that attachments were a weakness.

Dangerous because he had never allowed himself to be this vulnerable before.

Kylo had already put himself in harm's way to protect her when Snoke had threatened Evangeline's life. Truth be told, Kylo did feel a fleeting twinge of regret for having to kill his master. After years of turning to Snoke for guidance in every aspect of Kylo's life and training, it was difficult to no longer be able to turn to his master.

But Snoke had left Kylo no choice.

Not only had Snoke lied to him, but he had thought he could destroy the one thing that granted Kylo any kind of happiness.

His Little Bird's light could not be snuffed out, not even for his Master's sake.

And although Kylo had known the risks of letting someone get close to him, Evangeline still found a way to shine through the cracks of his rough exterior.