Ch6. First quest of this world

Geez, I didn't think people would actually read this story.
Thank you.

Entering a one-story house the hunter looks around scanning for hostiles. Finding nothing he checks the inside of the house finding it abandoned, and in disarray, items were strewn about and furniture left upside. Taking the opportunity to relax he sits on a bed, takes off his helmet, and rummages through the satchel around his hip. After a bit of searching, he finds a syringe full of red blood-like fluid and quickly stabs himself in his right leg causing the syringe to eject its contents into him following with him audibly groaning in discomfort. After waiting for a few seconds he removes it and places the empty syringe into another satchel to save for later. Finally, he sees a mirror on a wall across from him. He walks to it curious as to what his face looks like seeing as his body was a slight difference from his original or at least felt like it. What he saw was a different person he was used to seeing. What he saw was a middle-aged man with white short thin hair, the facial structure was more masculine, thin, and looked rugged, the blood didn't help either on his ruggedness.

As he was looking over his new face a knock was heard at the door taking him out of his daze. He takes his weapon out leaving it in sword form and walks to the door. Opening it he sees the girl he saved earlier looking up at him. This was a surprise to him as he would expect her to run out of the village by this point. He looked around seeing nothing behind her or anything in the area that seemed dangerous. He moved to the side allowing her to come inside the house, he closed the door as soon as she did and pointed at the bed she can sit on. She did so as the hunter grabbed a chair and flipped it upside up following with sitting on it backward facing the girl. "Now that I think about it, talking to her could get some info of this place or at the very least see if we speak the same language," He thought. "But should I speak first or do I let her start the conversation?" Before he could choose what action to take, the girl mumbled but enough for him to hear "thank you".
This shocked the hunter as he thought to himself "well that solves the language barrier." He decided to take advantage of this to learn about the world he is in. He cleared his throat and began his sentence "what can you tell me abou-" but before he could finish the girl said, "I know this is too much to ask but my father he is the head of guards for this town, I have been looking for him but I could not find him as easily because of the beasts running around." She quickly pauses noticing she is starting to speak too fast with tears in her eyes. She then began to recompose herself wiping away a tear and pleadingly asks "could you please find my father, adventurer?" "Adventurer?" This puzzled the hunter, he thought to himself "what is this an RPG game, does she even know what I am?" He then said in a calm voice "of course I can help but there is a price." Then before she could speak he got up from his chair and said "But that can wait until I come back." He began to walk to the door after grabbing his helmet and placing it on his head, then stopped, and without turning to the girl he asks "what does he look like?" She began to stammer out "l-large, muscular, a-and bald with a large beard." The hunter than gave a thumbs up indicating he understood. He turned the doorknob and opened the door. Before he left she blurted out " If-if you find him, and he can't come with you please bring back a necklace with a red crystal to me? It was my mother's and it's the only thing we have to remember her." He then walked out the door and began to close it but before shutting it he says "ok" in a hushed voice. Then ensuring the surrounding area is safe he began his search for the girl's father and any surviving beasts he has to take down.

After searching for an hour he only managed to kill more beasts, luckily they weren't like the wolf's he dealt with or the giant he executed but mostly huntsmen and dogs infected with the beast scourge. During this time he thought of the situation he is in. It was all too familiar to the girl's quest from the world of bloodborne which also involved a missing parent or parents. "Hopefully it won't end the same," he thought. "It's one thing of having to inform a kid their parents are dead in a game, but to actually do it like me? no one to represent me talking to an NPC or just a code, creating a barrier between reality and fantasy but actually me talking to another real person that their family member is dead?" He decided to hold the thought for now as another thought popped onto his head. What will happen to the girl if her father is dead? He can't really take her in as one he has no currency of any kind and two how can he do well in a fight when he also has to take care of an unarmed civilian? He then stopped both his train of thought and himself as a man was 10 feet away from him, but he was off. The man slowly turned around and the hunter after seeing the man's face knew why.