Ch7 A small dilemma

(A/N: hello, I'd like a chance to thank you for reading this and making it this far. I'm also here to say I'm very sorry for not posting in a long time. I was doing paperwork and fixing my classes for my change in the program this semester. It's not going to help. I'm starting class soon, but dont worry, I'll post as much as I can this next few weeks and see where it goes (I'm not a writer, y'know, just a crappy writer with some crazy crossover ideas and some writer's block😅) anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter and again thank you for reading this far.)

The hunter was conflicted after seeing the man's face. This man fits the description of the girl's father, but the eyes, they were the eyes of someone who has been infected with the beast scourge, and he gave the aura of murderous intent but more as a predator about to seize its prey (it didn't help he held a giant two-handed ax). The hunter immediately had his weapon ready, knowing inevitably a fight was going to happen. One question came into his mind as he watched his enemy's movements "how am I going to explain this?" Before he could think up an answer, the "father" lept to action, swinging his ax downwards toward the hunter. He shifted to the left, barely dodging the assault seeing the ground he last stood on crack into a crater. This confirmed that this man is aiming to kill, and the hunter needs to exercise caution seeing as the father's ax has more range, his speed near exceeds the hunter's, and not to mention his power as shown in the crater he made.

The hunter decided not to attack and kept himself on his toes. Meanwhile, the father lifted his ax, turning to look at the hunter again, ready to lunge in. Instead, he started murmuring some words, but the hunter caught on to what he said, "lesser strength!" This caused a light glow to surround him; he then lunged once more the same way, almost leading to the same result. He overhead swung his ax down once more, having the hunter move to the left. Still, the crater was more prominent than anticipated causing the hunter to stumble forward, only to be met with a fist launching him a few feet back, crashing into a wall of a house leaving behind a giant crack and dent in it. Falling to the ground on his hands and knees, the hunter began to think, "what the hell? There's magic in this world?" He then started to get back up; with a shaky breath, he pulled another syringe from his bag and immediately injected himself in his right thigh. This caused him to let out a sigh as he got into a fighting stance once more.

The father charged at the hunter, dragging his ax on his right, grinding the blade across the ground, creating large sparks as he gained ground. The hunter dodged once more as his opponent swung up. What greeted the father after his attack was met with a few slashes on his side. He goes to swing his ax to his side to create distance. Taking this chance instead of backing out, the hunter used his stone knuckle weapon right as he was about to swing. This caused the father to stop stunning him. "This is it!" Thought the hunter, "I have to finish this." He quickly got in front of the father, plunging his fist into his chest, pushing it in as far as he could. Then visciously, he ripped his hand out, knocking his opponent back a few feet from him.
Then the hunter spoke aloud, "Geez, hopefully, that did the job." He then looked to the sky, thinking out loud, "now what do I do? How do I explain this? Should I even speak about this?" Before he could think further, he heard the sound of grunts and clanking of metal. He looked at the father, seeing him struggle to get up on his knees. This time his aura was different; it was calming. Before the hunter could do anything, the father said, "please find my daughter" as he lowered his head, his breathing labored. Knowing what must be done, the hunter walked to the man and pierced his blade into his chest. After pulling his sword out, he began to walk away, heading back to the house the girl was staying in. After walking 20 feet, he heard bones cracking. Looking back, he saw the body start trembling and convulsing. Before he could process what's happening, the body grew more prominent and hairier, finally taking form into a giant beast head like a canine with a snout, curved horns adorned its head, a large arm the size of a house and as wide as a cart, fur as dark as night, and eyes red with hatred looking at the hunter. The real battle has just begun.

(A/N: so a quick question, do you guys want me to write longer fight scenes, or is this enough?)