CHAPTER FOUR

SORTING GAM
A DAY TO THE CULLING TEST
SLEEPING HALL/WASHING HALL

Head pounding and heart beating faster than normal was the first thing Sheil noticed as soon as she woke, even though her mind was still clouded with sleep, she still feels the pain behind her eyes. She has herself to blame for that, she should have slept at the right hour, instead of allowing her mind to wander on an endless journey. Taking a route in solving a problem that cannot be solved by thought alone.

Sheil noticed she woke up later than she expected, all the girls in her sleeping hall were already awake and bustling about before she woke. Taking some minutes to get her body and mind in tune with her environment, her eyes remain closed even though she is awake. This gives her a chance to listen to some of the conversation around her.

"I just wished this day will finish and tomorrow will come soon enough,"

"What familiar do you think we'll get?"

"Do you think we'll all get the same familiar?"

"I hope I get placed with decent sisters, I don't want to end up bonded to breeders, it would be horrible.."

"Stop feeling Superior, either breeders or Clamas or sisters from another glind, just be glad for any of it.."

Sheil can't decide who is who amongst her fellow glinders talking in the hall with everyone talking over each other, all their voices were overlapping which makes it difficult for her to distinguish between all of it. She nearly opened her eyes to see who the person that responded to the bonding sisters conversation, but she decided against it. It's just one of the many questions that she always asked herself.

Why do girls in the assassin glinds get treated differently than the other glinds. Even though they didn't give them as much respect as they gave the men or boys, they still put them in higher regard than the other girls in the other glinds. This has caused most of the girls in assassin glinds to act like they are superior to the other girls

"What do you think would be our first test?" A voice nearest to her said in high pitch. Sheil guessed it is the girl sharing her bed with her, she never bothers finding out what the girl's name, even though they've been sleeping on the same bed for the last seven years, it's pointless getting to know her since sharing a bed is temporary, even though it seems like such a long time they've been doing it.

"No one can predict what the first test will be, all of y'all should stop speculating. It will just put your mind in tension." A voice said abruptly ending the conversation in the hall. "Remember what the administrator always taught us, a mind restless is a mind set to fail." She finished her statement. She smiled, that's Yalowel, no nonsense and no time for chit chatting. There is a reason Yalowel is their lead girl, and the first girl too in their glind. Her efficiency has no mate, and she is a strict rules follower.

Sheil decided to open her eyes, the moment Yalowel commented on the ongoing conversation, there was a lull in the noise in the hall. Sheil curbed the urge to close her eyes back. The pain she was feeling in her head intensified the moment she opened her eyes. She can feel a pin-prinkle pain in her eyes.

"Why are your eyes red like that?" A girl packing her clothes in the next bed to hers asked.

"My eyes are red?" Sheil asked, surprised at this phenomenon, she doubted anyone had ever had red eyes before. Her heart starts pounding suddenly at this strange turn of events. Does that mean something is truly wrong with her? Maybe that is why she has been having all those treacherous thoughts in her head for the past few years.