one

I sat in my room, looking at the couple's down below on the sidewalks. People with soulmates. People who are loved. People who fit in.

I close my curtains and pull out my book, dead in the water by Suzanne Nelson. (Really good book people)

I opened it to the page I was on and begin reading. "Hey Ari we have guests!!" Mary says busting through my door.

"Ok and?" I ask snarkily.

"And, you need to come down." She says rolling her eyes.

"I don't want to. Why go downstairs and see everyone with their soulmate knowing i don't have one? It's so stupid!!" I snap.

"Whatever." She says and walks out, closing my door.

"Im sick of this place. Im sick of it all.....i don't fit in. I feel unloved." I say to myself. I get up and walk over to my bookshelf. I search over the books until i pull out the one I was looking for.

I sit down in the corner and open it. Pictures of me an sky family before they died. Me and my best friends Hailey and jacob.

Hailey found her soulmate. It was jaeden. Of course it was. Her mark, half a heart, always glowed near him.

And jacob, well, he moved away to find his soulmate. His mark was a key.

I smile at the memory of us all beside the fountain, having fun

I smile at the memory of us all beside the fountain, having fun. We were 7 at the time, huge smiles on our faces. I close my eyes and remember.

"JACOB NO!!!!" I screamed while laughing as he tried to playfully push my in the fountain.

"Never!!!" He yelled back. I almost lost my balance, but grabbed Hailey jacob, pulling them in with me.

"Lets take a picture!!!" Hailey says.

"Ok!!" Me and jacob agreed. We all squished together, jacob and Hailey put a hand around my waist as I put one on each of their shoulders.

"Cheese!!!" We all screamed and the flash went off.

I feel the tears roll down my cheek as I turn the page, to when we were 10. A picture of me and jacob on the dock at the pond.

"Hey jacob!!!" I yelled running up to him.

"Hey Ari!!!" Jacob yelled and hugged me.

"Hey look at that fish!!" I exclaim and point at the water.

He bends over. "Where?" He asks just as I push him in. "Hey!!!!" He yells.

I start laughing just as he grabs my outstretched hand that was pointing at him and pulls me in right beside him.

"Oh you're gonna pay!!" I yelled dunking him under.

He comes back up gasping for air. "You're mean." He says.