Chapter 3

It was just 6am and Drake's team was already up and moving to prepare for the tedious day ahead. Rehearsals, sound check, wardrobe and then the final night of OVOFest and of course equipment packing after. Drake had informed his team of the new arrangement for his performance tonight. The order of songs he'd be performing had been switched up a little so Future the Prince had to take note of that.

At about 8:30 the team members he required for the day had rounded up to leave for Budweiser Stage. They arrived at the venue to find Victoria sitting in a parked vehicle awaiting their arrival. Drake was especially respectful of the fact that she had arrived before them.

He walked up to the car and tapped on the window. As it rolled down, he recognized the song she was playing to be the exact song he wanted them to perform tonight.

'Good morning' he greeted.

She returned the greeting as she stepped out of the car to shake his hand, but instead, got engulfed in a hug.

"Thanks for coming" he said

"Thank you for the opportunity"

They walked side by side onto the stage where she would perform in a couple hours.

Drake explained to her that they would run through a couple tips on how to work the stage, go through the song and light checks then call it a day.

'Start off in the middle, work your way to the sides, interact with the crowd; wave, touch hands, let them sing' he explained 'just feel the vibe, take a moment to just bask in their energy'.

Future the Prince, Drake's DJ ran up the track that they were supposed to perform and Victoria tried her best to follow Drake's instructions.

'Try your best to give the same energy you'd give tonight'

They ran through the steps until Drake was pleased and did whatever else was necessary to have a good show.

'Do you have an outfit for tonight?' Drake asked.

'I can make something work'

'Girl, I gotchuu' he chuckled. 'Ayo Chubbs, we need to get shawdie an outfit'

Drake and Victoria got into the back of the black Chevrolet Tahoe together with 2 members of Drake's security, Chubbs and Tank. Victoria remained very quiet because it was almost impossible to grasp the reality of what was happening. She couldn't believe that she was sitting a mere arms length away from Drake, the Drake, Aubrey Drake Graham.

They pulled up into the parking lot of a Chanel store and got out. She, for one, could not afford Chanel to save her life and was also confused as to why Drake would even spend so much money on her. It was just one performance, so much money just for 15 minutes on stage with him.

They got into the boutique and had the worker take Victoria's measurements. Thankfully, this was one of the more quiet parts of Toronto so there weren't any paparazzi or screaming fans.

'After the concert, we're having a lil after party at this night club. I want you to come' Drake said ever so casually.

Victoria Ashley Sanchez, commoner, baker and aspiring singer among people like Drake, Future, Chris Brown and Cardi B. It was a hard pill to swallow but trust me, she did.

'I'll be there'

After trying on many outfits which apparently could not wow Drake, they finally settled on a two piece, white Chanel suit with shorts and gold pointy heels for the performance and a black and gold fitted dress with gold sandals for the club appearance. When that was over they dropped her back to her car and went their separate ways.

—————-

'Bitchhh, I'm backkkk!' Victoria shouted.

She used the instincts the Almighty had blessed her with and checked the bedroom which currently belonged to her best friend and found her lying in bed on her phone.

'I said I was back bro' Victoria exclaimed.

'Don't even lack, just talk' Tara replied.

She spilled the run down of her day with Drake and instructions for the night all in one breath.

'Yasssss girllllll' Tori squealed. 'Now shut up and go to sleep'.

———————

Preparations for the nigh were in full force. Victoria, who was casually dressed in grey sweat pants, a white crop top and a pair of white Air Force 1s had entered the venue through a side entrance which gave direct access to the bustling back stage.

The moment she entered, a young lady, who she presumed to be an assistant had fallen into step with her and began giving her a summary of what would happen between now and the moments before she went on stage.

Drake stood in front of a door which could've been a dressing room belonging to either one of them.

'Hey' he stretched out his arms for a hug.

'Hey' she muffled into his arm as she hugged him.

'Your hair stylist and make up artist are waiting for you, we go on in 90 minutes'.

Victoria walked into her dressing room and was instantly and completely surrounded by the stylist that Drake had spoken about.

No time to waste baby

She sat down in the white stylist chair that was placed in front of a mirror that covered 3 out of the 4 walls in the room. The stylist immediately got to work by straightening Victoria's waist length hair and placed it in a slick, high one plait with her edges slayed.

After that was done her make up artist got to work on her look which happen to be a gold smokey eye with black winged eye liner, medium-length lashes and deep red matte lipstick.

Victoria walked out of her room all dressed and ready for the performance. She joined the circle that was slowly forming so that a word of prayer could be said.

'Let's go out there and have a great showww!!!!'

——————-

The energy from the fans filling the area was contagious. Victoria found all the nervousness and unsure feelings that she was having slowly slip away. She was a powerhouse, about to mark her territory on this show and hopefully in the music industry.

She stood near the stage entrance, out of the view of the crowd. Drake was just ending Controlla, which was his opening song and had given Future the Prince a signal to hush the music.

'Tonight I wanna introduce a special someone to you' Drake said into the mic ' this lady right here is gaining a special place in my heart as she begins to work her way up in the industry, I see myself as her mentor. Give it up for Victoria everyone!'