Chapter 4

Before I die I'm tryna fuck you, baby
Hopefully we don't have no babies
I don't even wanna go back home
Hopefully, I don't leave you on your own

Victoria's voice could be heard through the speakers as she sang the intro to No Guidance. The crowd erupted with screams as she walked out on stage to meet Drake. He was half way through his verse and she was dancing on stage and singing together with him. She sang her verse and gave it all that she had, keeping in mind the tactics that Drake had taught her earlier.

I don't wanna play no games, play no games
Fuck around give you my last name
Know you tired of the same damn thing
That's okay 'cause baby, you

They came to a point where the met in the middle of the stage and just sang to each other. Victoria could've sworn that she had felt a spark, but she just let that slide. There could be no way that she and Drake had some sort of connection.

You got it girl, you got it.

'Come on, sing with me' she told the crowd

The energy they gave off was amazing. For a first performance, Victoria had felt like she had definitely left her mark. The crowd was hype and the vibe was so intense that she had to take a moment to just let all that ambiance surround her.

Drake stood in awe of Victoria, she had completely stolen the show with just one performance. As an expert in the field, he knew that the crowd wanted more of her. Her enthusiasm was truly captivating and it would allow her to go very far in the industry. He wanted to be some sort of guide to her. Just as he had been mentored by Lil Wayne and was taught the ways of the profession,he wanted to convey his knowledge onto her. Like he had explained to her, he saw something in her and tonight, more than ever, he had faith in his decision because he knew that the outcome would be something that the world had never seen before.

This years OVOFest was a remarkable success. Ticket sales surpassed the norm and OVO merch purchases were over the top. Drake had taken a risk and had performed a single from his new album Dark Lane Demo Tapes to culminate his show for that year.

Yo, Chubbs might jam this yute for a chain
And give it to a sweet one, called that Maya Jama
Givin' out gifts like Santa, sippin' on Sanna
I used to do lean and wok
Closet filled up with designer, comin' like Panda, Panda
Yeah, gyal just came to the booth and asked for a wheel
She never heard Drill in Atlanta
Arabic ting told me that I look like Youssef, look like Hamza
Habibti please,  ana akeed inti wa ana ahla
With Pop Skull in Gaza but not that Gaza, but still it's a mazza
Niggas want a piece like cassava
But we let bridge dem burn like Grabba
Woi, four in the cliz and one in the headie
Hand no shake, man, hold that steady
Ya man love pose with the ting for the picture
You man shoulda buss that ting already
Ya man love Hezi Hezi
Yeah, can't back chat to the Prezi

The world had gone crazy when Drake had released this freestyle featuring British singer and songwriter, Headie One and the feedback from the crowd as they sang was proof of that.

If there was one thing that always stuck with Drake throughout his life, it's that you should always have an attitude of gratitude. He a,ways tried to convey this teaching and tonight was one of those nights where Aubrey Graham was ever so grateful for every, single person who worked together with him to make this year's OVOFest a record of accomplishment for him.

———————————
The concert had been an unprecedented success and now it was time to wash it all away and just relax.

Rebel Night Club was one of the most popular night clubs in Toronto and when word got out that Drake would be making an appearance tonight, it was almost as if half of the OVOFest attendees were present. Those who came early enough had already been granted access to the interior of the building, but as for those who stood outside on the line which traced the perimeter of the building, things were not looking too hopeful.

Drake, being the kind-hearted person that he is, had insisted that he used the main entrance of the building, against the will of his security so that he could meet his fans.

Dressed in a white OVO branded t-shirt, black jeans and red Timberlands, Drake stepped out of the highly tinted limousine with Victoria at his side. As if on cue the singer and his 'partner' were engulfed in the sea of hungry paparazzi and their flashing cameras.

'Drake is there something more between you and Victoria than what we saw on stage?'

'Have you finally settled down or is this another one of your flings?'

'Did you ditch Rihanna for this nobody?'

'Victoria should we be expecting work from you and Drake soon?'

Victoria's jaw clenched at some of this snarky remarks but she knew better than to answer them. Drake had placed a guiding hand on her lower back as they continued to walk towards the club.

The paparazzi did not give up. If they were not given clarity to their questions, they would spread rumors until they got to a point where they needed to be addressed.

All in all, this did not stop Drake from stopping to meet his fans before he made his entrance to the club. Everyone knew that his fans meant everything to him so he would not give up on an opportunity to meet them.

'Hey' he said as he stopped in front of a girl who appeared to be no older than 25. She was lost for words and it was written all over her face.

'No need to be scared, what's your name?'

'Kayla' she replied almost inaudibly.

'Nice to meet you Kayla' he said as he stretched out his arms to embrace her.

She was still in shock as she returned the warm embrace.

A crowd was slowly starting to build around them, but his security began to contain it as he continued to greet his fans.

—————————-
'We got the man Drizzy in the building!' the MC shouted into the mic.

Drake and Victoria were seated in the vip section which was situated above the dance floor. They stared around the dance floor watching the party goers enjoy themselves.

'You want anything to drink?' Drake asked Victoria

'A Myx Mascato will do'

Drake went to the bar which was reserved for people in their particular section to get their drinks.

When he returned, he knew it was time to pop the question of the night to her.

'So I saw you out there tonight, and you really impressed me with what you did with that song. I believe in you 110% and I wanna lay a proposal before you. Would you like to come back to Calabasas with me so that we could work together and we'll officially sign you under the OVO Record Label'

Shocked would be an understatement to describe how Victoria felt in that moment. Drake had just presented a once in a life time offer before her and she didn't know what to do.

'You don't have to answer me now but I would appreciate one before we leave Toronto on Tuesday'

She assured him that he would receive and answer within his given time frame just as the waiter passed and offered to refill their drinks.

'You wanna dance?' he asked her.

She was aware of the risks that such a question posed, but either way she was willing to accept.

'Yes'

As they got up Drake placed a guiding hand on the small of her back and led her through the dance floor to dance the night away. It was a habit that he had developed with her and it was one which gave her feelings which she weren't sure was right between them.