She wants to dance

Here I am...8:30pm and I'm standing at my usual hiding place . Under the same tree in the dark and seeing the same things over again .

The music rocked the school and the atmosphere fired up with movement and a bunch of people dancing with friends and girlfriends .

Is...is that ?...he's coming here? To me ?

I spotted someone coming right towards me ...actually...

There are two of them coming to me .

" Peter " the figure before me called . It was Joshua ...with a girl I don't know . " yes ? " I responded , trying not to make contact with the girl standing beside him..." This is Edna "

Damn it ! Why is he telling me her name ?  Now I have to look at her .

" okay " I  shuddered as my voice trembled . He stood behind her and touched her shoulders . The grin on his face made me wonder...." What's he thinking now "..." She wants to dance with you "

My heart just stopped " Relax...she didn't propose to you , stupid " my inner voice said .

" Take her with you for a dance together "

My brain also just died .
I can't move...I can't think ! Come on , voice in my head...tell me what to do !

Even the voice in my head has abandoned me .  This is hard .

I let out a scoff and pretended to laugh . Smiling like I I had just lost my sense of understanding...my eyes fixed on Josh . He looked like he could read my mind .

I really want to say yes but I can't . I'm so weak .
I looked at Edna and she looked like she didn't mind dancing with me .

She wants to dance...all I have to do is take her hand but I'm holding back...like a chicken  who's head is about to be chopped off .
I'm still standing there and she's till waiting for an answesr

Oh thank God . It's Kenneth . " hey Kenneth I'm here ! What did you say I should show you ? " I cooked up some lie and slowly walked away from my frustration . Whew...of the hook .

That was tough . That girl asking me to dance with her was like having to choose a math question where on one side...the easy one carries low scores and on the other side...it carries more marks but the question is complicated whereas if I'm lucky I might get correct but I'm only 60%sure.

That is a tough decision .

I finally feel the cool wind rush in . Feels so nice..." Aren't you gonna dance ? " Kenneth asked. " nah bro " I smiled . I felt a pat on my left shoulder as he disappeared into the crowd .

I've been able to escape one girl tonight . The night isn't over yet...I don't know how long I'm going to remain unnoticed .

This chapter is a bit short...the next might also be . Thanks for reading tho . pls help me out by voting and sharing .