Chapter 6

My life was quite ordinary until I turned thirteen. It was parks and games and picnics. It was a loving family and loving friends. It was perfection. It was my mom cooking breakfast, and my dad being late. It was sunshine through the kitchen window and summers on the beach. It was  happiness. It was friends that wore pink on Wednesdays and boys that only know how to smirk. It was reading on some nights and sneaking into parties on others. It was normal. To tell you about what happened and make you feel it, I have to tell you about the people it happened to.

I have to tell you about my mom. She was pretty and sweet. She was optimistic and bright. She is who I got my eyes from, the pretty blue ocean eyes. Everyone in town knew us for them. She was a baker that loved her job as much as she loved me. She baked the perfect eclairs, which made me famous in bake sales. She loved the water fights we had at the beach, and she always always knew how I liked my eggs. She was my everything. She was my home and my source of comfort, she was the lavender in my life. Her hugs were like a taste of apple pies and her support was the best chocolate cake. She was my mom. She was a part of me.

Now dad was an accountant, which isn't as poetic as mom's profession, but his speciality was that he wasn't like the other fathers. He was indeed strict, but with that rigidness he did have compassion and understanding. He was calm and loving. He was the one that taught me how to ride a bike. He was the one that helped me with my homework. He was the one that taught me self-defense. He was my source of strength and power. He was the person I always knew had my back. He was the first man I loved.

Then my parents together, they were the epitome of love. They were the baker and the accountant; logic meets taste. It was always so funny how two very different ended up together. It was the divine power of love. It was how my dad was the clumsiest in the kitchen and my mom was the worst with maths. It was how they still connected on a level so personal and so inspiring. It was true love.