☆ 𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 𝐘 ☆

In Real Life!

Previously on Lights, Camera, Action:

Lauren started slowly scooting closer towards Hayden and held his hand. She bit her lip nervously and looked into his eyes.

"What if I told you I like you? More than a friend should?

~

Annie saw everything that was going on, and she had seen enough. She could tell Lauren liked him, but she didn't think she was going to make a move.

Asher found her hiding behind a bush where she could see Hayden and Lauren. He was annoyed that she was barely paying attention to him.

"Annie, are you coming?" He asked, startling her. Annie rubbed at her eyes because tears were brimming. She turned around and faked a smile.

"Yes! Yes, sorry. I lost my..." She randomly picked out a pen from her purse. "Pen! I dropped it here earlier. Let's go."

"Okay?" Asher said skeptically. They headed in the opposite direction, Annie repeatedly turning around. Too bad she had to leave, because she was going to miss what would happen next.

Hayden didn't know what to say. He was shocked, to say the least. He was not expecting Lauren to say that she liked him.

Sure, they flirted with each other, but he thought they were just messing around.

Hayden took his hand away from Lauren's and rested it on her knee. He noticed a frown tug at her lips.

"Laur, look..." He took a deep breath.

"I don't feel the same way. You're amazing, of course. I just thought we were just joking with the flirting stuff. Didn't you know that?"

Lauren just nodded, not looking into Hayden's eyes. She just put her feelings out, and failed. Hayden really didn't know what to say now.

"You're a great friend," he was rambling at this point. "But I like Annie."

Both Hayden and Lauren's eyes widened. Hayden didn't mean to say that aloud, and Lauren felt stupid.

Of course they liked each other, she thought. She was so blind to not see that. And now she made a complete fool of herself.

"Lolo? You ok?" Hayden asked when a beat of silence followed. "I'm sorry..."

"No!" She finally looked up at him, plastering a smile on her face. "I'm fine. Completely fine. You should ask her out. I'm pretty sure she likes you, too."

She took out her phone, moving it so Hayden couldn't see the screen. "Oh, John's calling me. I'll see you back at the house."

She then left, hurriedly walking away before Hayden could say another word. She wiped at the tears falling down her face and headed toward the nearest bathroom.

~

"I hate her, I hate her, I hate her!"

Annie watched as Kenzie paced around in the room they shared. Annie came back from her ice cream date, and Kenzie didn't even go to the beach with Johnny. Nadia, Carson, and Nadia were still at the underwater caves.

"Kenz, calm down..."

"She really has to audacity to say Maddie is a better dancer than me! You'd think we've left the comparing behind, but clearly Nadia is stuck in 2013," Kenzie rolled her eyes. "And then the whole Johnny and Emily thing. If he had a girlfriend, why wouldn't he just tell me instead of stringing me along?"

She sat down next to Annie on the bed and sighed.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've had a bad day too," Annie muttered. "Went to get ice cream with Asher, but I was barely paying attention to him. I ran into Hayden and Lauren, and then later...well, I saw Lauren tell him that she likes him. I didn't get to see what he said back, but they're probably dating now."

Kenzie put her hand on Annie's shoulder. "Anns, I'm sorry. I didn't even know she liked him. I thought they were just playing around."

"It's fine," Annie shook her head. "And I'm sorry about the whole Nadia and Johnny thing. She had no right to say that. You and Maddie are both amazing dancers."

Kenzie gave her a small smile. "Thanks. I should probably go find John since I slammed the door on him. Maybe he's still at the beach."

She got up but turned around first. "You'll be ok?"

"Yeah!" Annie lied. "Now go find your man."

Kenzie laughed before leaving the room. That left Annie alone to her thoughts.

~

"That was so fun!" Nadia said as she, Carson, and Brynn walked back to the house. They just finished their underwater cave tour. "Well, except for when Carson almost died again because of the snorkel mask."

Nadia was being annoying the whole time, and he wished he could've just spent time with Brynn alone.

"You were literally laughing underwater when I needed help!" Carson retorted. "If Brynn didn't get the tour guide, I would've died."

Brynn put her arm around Carson. "You're welcome. Nadia, we'll never forget you did that."

Nadia just rolled her eyes. Out of spite, she shook her head, water droplets falling on Brynn and Carson. They groaned out of annoyance.

"Anyways, I think I got some good videos on the GoPro," Carson said. "Or it turned out to be trash, who knows."

They entered the house. It looked like everyone was back instead of Johnny and Kenzie. Nadia noticed that right off the back.

"Um, where's John and Kenzie?" She asked, earning annoyed looks from everyone.

"She just left to go find him at the beach," Annie said without looking up from her phone. Nadia groaned.

Annie was keeping her distance from Hayden. He kept trying to talk to her, but she kept making excuses to leave the room. Lauren headed straight to her room when she arrived back, which had Annie confused.

Carson could feel the tension in the room. "So...who's hungry?"

☆○o。☆ 。o○☆

A/N: Well that was a LOT of tea, lol. Kind of feel bad for Lauren ngl. And Nadia was just being plain annoying, haha. We hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Remember to vote and comment! -N

So Hayden rejected Lauren for Annie? Yikes. A lot of tea got spilled this chapter haha, remember to vote and comment! -R

QOTD: What color is your room?

AOTD: Light blue -N

Light Grey -R

Words: 1045