Chapter 4, Come At Me, Bro

Hey, Guys Sorry For The Long Wait! I've Had Some Writers Block For What To Do Next. Thanks To Twilight Star For Giving Me A Idea For This Chapter! Go Check Her Out!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diego

1 Year Ago

I ran. What else could I do? They were all after me. I slide into a small alleyway, trying to get to the end as fast as possible. I didn't know what was happening to me. 

All I knew was I needed to get as far away from here as possible. I heard the sirens of police cars on the street. They were heading towards the crime scene. I didn't do it on purpose. It just happened. It was all their fault, and revenge was coming.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 30 Minutes Ago

"Diego," she said, "one day you'll have to learn that things don't always go in the direction you want it to." 

I groan and respond with an annoyed voice. "Well, no duh Rose. I know that but it doesn't make it any better."

I just came back from my archery practice. I missed every shot. It was the test to see who would make it to the team. I had three shots to at least make one, but no. I just had to miss every shot. 

Unlike me, Rose, my best friend, (and only friend), made every shot. She almost never messes up. 

"I know you're mad Diego, but come on. It wasn't like someone died," Rose said sympathetically. "It happens to the best of us, you'll get over it." 

I groan again and open my mouth to complain some more when something grabs my attention. A bright light. It was a convenient store. As if Rose read my mind she says, "How about we go grab some snacks?" She says with a smile though her voice sounded nervous. "I have some cash on me."

In the smallest part of my brain I wonder why she's so nervous, but my hunger pushed the thought aside. I said, "That might make me a little happier."  

"First one to the door gets a soda." She yells as she starts running to the store. 

I chase behind her, right on her tail. I was in track before so it doesn't take long to catch up to her. I sprint to the door and slam into it, almost breaking it. Rose comes up right behind me. 

"I would like a Mountain Dew, please." I say smugly. 

"Yeah, yeah, don't get too cocky." She says with clear annoyance in her voice. I laugh and open the door to go inside. 

We both head to the snack section and grab some chips. "I'll be right back." I say as I go to grab my soda from the big fridge in the back.

A noise from behind me catches my attention. 

I whip around to see two big buff guys dressed in black right in front of me. 

"Who the hell are you guys?" I ask as calmly as I can, trying to sound brave. Inside though, I was hiding under my imaginary bed. 

"Rose!" I scream. "Some help!" 

The two big dudes move to the side for me to see right down the aisle between them. The store cashier is on the floor, with Rose one top of him, choking him. 

"Rose, you're not this mad because of a soda, right?" I ask nervously, hoping this was all a joke. "I'll give you the soda, just stop the prank, please."

"This isn't because of a soda, Diego." She says as she walks away from the motionless cashier's body. Her voice isn't very steady. I could see that she was very nervous.

"This.." She says sounding very unsure of what she was about to say. "This is about you." 

"Me?" I ask, almost laughing. "Nothing is special about me. Except maybe being able to mess up a lot."

"Its not something about, well...whatever you're saying. Its about what you can do." She explains, her voice quivering.

"Is this one of those cheesy movies?" I ask.

"No," She responded, confused.

"It is, isn't it?" 

"No, Diego it's not." She insists. 

"Where's the hidden camera?" I ask, looking around.

"Its not a-"

"Are they getting my good side?" I ask as I pose, making sure the left side of my face is showing. 

"DIEGO, IT'S NOT A FRICKING MOVIE!!!" She screams.

"Damn, okay." I say. "Guess someone doesn't want me to play the star in a movie."

"Damn it, Diego." She yells. "Why do you gotta be like this?"

"Cause 'That's just the way I am'." I say in a sing-song voice, reciting a line from "The Way I Am" by Charlie Puth that I heard on the radio.

"Diego, this isn't a game. This is serious. You..." She let's out an exasperated sigh. 

"What, cat got your tongue?" I ask sarcastically. 

"Diego, I didn't want it to come to this but you're not cooperating. Guys get him," She says sadly. "But don't hurt him!" She adds quickly.

Then the two big buff dudes came at me. 

"Rose!" I scream as the guys got closer to me. "What the hell?!" 

"Diego," she said. "Please don't fight them, it's for your own safety!" 

 "Well, I don't give a damn about safety," I growl.

 Then I run at them.