Chapter 3, What A Stupid Jock

1 Hour Later

Leo

I opened the cafeteria door, scanning the room to see Sky sitting at a different table. She's looking out the window, completely oblivious of me. Whenever she gets lost in her thoughts, her eyebrows scrunch up and she bites her lip. It always makes me laugh. 

"Hey, Sky!" I yelled. She turned to look at me and smiled. She was't the only one I caught  the attention of, though. One of the teachers gave me the stink eye, showing the signal to use "inside voices". 

I looked back at Sky to see her trying not to laugh. I gave her a sarcastic glare, which led to her bursting out laughing. Rolling my eyes with a smile, I went to sit across from her so we could talk. 

We somehow got into the topic of moving to Mars when some dude came to sit at our table. He made goo-goo eyes with Sky. That was my job! I glared him down as Sky gave him the okay, without asking me.

To my dismay, he sat right next to her! I may have been just a teeny bit jealous, but I had the right to be. I've had a minor crush on Sky since kindergarten and this guy is ruining my chance!

I was about to tell him to get lost when the cafeteria door flung open.

For a few seconds, nobody came out. But then, we saw our principle come through. There was a sigh of relief until we realized he looked a little weird. 

He stumbled, dragging himself forward towards us, his skin as green as an avocado. I glance at  Sky, who's face is suddenly pale. 

Diego's mouth is open is surprise and fear. I look back at our avocado principle, just to make sure I'm not just seeing things. I try to keep my face neutral, though really I was scared as crap. 

"This is just a stupid prank," One of the jocks yelled. 

The same jock gets up from his seat and walks towards the principle, everybody's eyes on him. The principle stops and stands still, letting out a weird groan. The jock is now right in front of him. 

"See guys? This is just a prank. Look, his green skin is just paint," He says loudly. The jock reaches out to prove the green skin is paint when suddenly the principle grabs him. The jock screamed as the arm grabbed him then fell off, and that's when everyone lost it.

 People started running towards the other exit door, pushing each other back. I could't move. I was staring at the arm on the floor.

Sky was at my side, staring at the arm, too. The arm had fleshed ripped out of it so you could see the bones. That's when I remembered the jock. I forward to see the jock on the floor with the principle ripping his skin off his head. The principle was zombie. That's when i got my senses back. I realized now I could hear and talk. "Sky we have to go now!" I yelled. I shake her awake from shock. "Huh, ok," She response. I keep shaking her awake, but it was't working. "Oh shes going to hate me for this," I mumble.

   I slapped her. Her eyes fully open up. It worked! "What the hell Leo?" She screamed. Then she looked on the floor and then screamed. "We have to go now!" I yell. With no questions asked, she runs with me to the door. People are still pilling out and pushing each other out of the way. I hear the screaming of the jock, but no one dared to help him. He was already gone. "Sky its to crowed going out come on I know another exit." I said, keeping my voice as steady as possible. I lead her over to one of the windows and opened it. I kicked down the screen and took Sky's hand. 

   "Come on, lets get out of here as fast as possible!" I yell. I look back. The zombie principle thing has already finished with the jock. the jock had stopped yelling, because his throat has been ripped out. I stare in horror as the jock lies motion less on the floor. The zombie starts moving towards the crowd of people trying to get out. People scream and yell for others to hurry up and get out before they all die. Other people see what I'm doing and go to different windows to do the same.

   Sky and me hopped out the window to look back and see the zombie taking another victims life away.