Let it Hail

Third P.O.V 

While the fight took place, a neighborhood not far from where the Engel family was, the dark elves and the toys scared and traumatized half of the neighborhood that desired it with their tricks and strategies. Newly-made toys were proud of themselves for accomplishing a task that their toy commanders or master assigned them. The elves dragged anyone they could catch to the underworld for their punishment. After their hunt was completed, every toy rounded up to the sleigh, where the Yule Goats wrestled each other or reared up. Two of the toy commanders, Der Klown and Cherub shout out commands to the toys (mostly Cherub) to gather their wounded comrades, give reports, or stop slacking off. "Ronnie, get that blade we can't waste any weapons you understand?! HEY, I SEE YOU SITTING ON YOUR BUTT MISTER! BROOK! MANGUS! GET BACK TO WORK, RIGHT NOW! YOU'RE GONNA GET IT!" Cherub screamed like a madwoman and a mixture of chicken squawks. Der Klown looked at his fellow partner/sister with amazement at how she caused toys running, but not surprised since she's the one in control of the toy department. By the sleigh where the toys and younger elves came to the menacing teddy bear, Teddy Klaue, where he listed victim attacks, wounded, etc while he grumbled to himself.

A little far by the beginning of the woods, Krampus could hear the yells and sobbing of his love. He clutched his clawed hands as he growled underneath his mask. He hated the way that his Eira had so much pain in her. Wanted to torture the family for hurting her, but he was helpless until- "Master?" a robotic voice called for him. He turned slowly, seeing a tiny robot with scissors as his right hand. "I believe you need to see this." the robot, Tik Tok, said with an evil grin. Revealing what was in his left hand, which was a torn-up letter to Santa. Krampus grinned under his mask after he realized where it came from. Max Engel. He FINALLY has a chance to have Eira, his light, his woman, and his Queen.

He howled in glee, capturing the interest of his minions. " MY FELLOW FOLLOWERS, AFTER YEARS OF WAITING HAS COME TO AN END!" he cried out with proud words. Elves' eyes widened underneath their masks along with the toy commanders, other toys looked at each other in confusion, and the Yule Goats were silent as the dead. "FOR TONIGHT, WE HAVE THE CHANCE OF A LIFETIME! FOR WE WOULD FINALLY COMPLETE OUR HOLIDAY REGIN ONCE AND FOR ALL! FOR ALL OF YOU WILL HAVE THE RETURN OF YOUR QUEEN!" When the words went to their minds, without hesitation all to cheer and shriek in excitement for the time has come. Krampus turned to the north making a whistle that was almost mistaken for wind howls, summoning the spirit of Boreas, to create a storm where the Engels were. 'I'm coming for you, my love. I'm coming.'

Eira's P.O.V

December 23rd 

After I woke up and dressed in my favorite sweater, I stood by the window with Maxie.

Seeing a snowman smiling so casually. Which was weird, how could someone possibly build a snowman in the middle of a blizzard? Maxie and I glanced at each other, both confused and slightly worried. "Don't you find it the least bit strange? They can see dust specks on Mars, but no one noticed a giant blizzard hurtling towards us." Mom complains distributing our thoughts. We came into the kitchen, Dad flipped every switch that our breaker had. Since the blizzard took out all of the power of this area. So we know. "Well, as soon as the power's back, you can write an angry e-mail to the national weather service. But in the meantime let's just try and stay calm." Dad advised her, then went to the other side of the kitchen to try the backup generator. "Mom, there's something weird outside." Max piped up but was ignored by Mom's ranting. "I am calm. I would just be calmer if I knew how we were gonna survive Christmas with 13 people stuck in a house with no hot water, no heat, and no electricity." "Or food." "There's plenty of leftovers, Howard." She rolled her eyes, as he replied sarcastically. "Beer it is." Both Maxie and I looked at each other, then at Dad as he tried the house phone. "Phone's dead too," he said, putting the phone back in its place. Alright, that's enough. "Mom!" "What Eira?" "There's a snowman in our yard!" Max finished for me, causing her to lift her brow.

Taking both Mom and Dad to the front window, with the snowman still there. "See?" "That's- that's great Max," she said carelessly. "But who built it? In the middle of a storm?" I added. "You can barely see across the street, but it doesn't look like it's just us." Dad began, causing my spine to have chills. "I can walk over, check with the Turners." "The Turners are in Hawaii. The Lamberts are in Florida, and the Cartwrights stopped talking to us after the breakup" Mom listed. Without everyone (including me) knowing, I clenched my hands into fists when I remember the name, Ricky Cartwright. A guy I used to date. When I mean by 'date', we used to have chats when one of us ordered takeout or visit the library or the baseball field for a game. He was caring, smart, and a great athlete. So I thought. When I found out the truth, I never made contact with him again. The last I heard about him was in the hospital for six weeks for three broken ribs, deep scratches, and bite marks. I didn't know what happened to him, because he refused to say a word. " After the what?" Dad asked alarmedly. "Max, Eira, please go and get Omi out of the fireplace before she burns the whole house down," Mom ordered us to head to the living room.

As we entered the living room, we realized Omi was boiling some water in a kettle. So we're standing by in case she needed help. I turned to give attention to the sound of the front door opening, with Uncle Howard a large red sack of Gods' knows what. And Aunt Linda carried a small basket of snacks and a little cardboard brown box with a red silk ribbon tied on it. "Oh, my God, who needs this much cheese?! Anyway, this is for you." Linda exclaimed to herself, then handed the box to me. I sat down on the couch and examined the card that was in a different language.  "What's that?" I peeked from the note, detecting Howie with a questioning expression, and sat beside me looking with curiosity. "It's Scots Gaelic, a part of the Goidelic language which is in part of Scottish, Manx, and Irish." Howie stared at me with awe and smiled. "What's it say?" Howie pleaded as Maxie followed on the other side of me to listen. "Well, in translation it says. 'Seasons may flow, but your eyes never lose their glow. Years may past, your laugh will last. To win your soul is my only goal.'" I looked at the boys, mouths gaped with amazement, and looked at each. "Let's see what's inside!" Max spoke excitedly, bouncing on the couch a little. I untied the ribbon and took off the lid, which revealed the most beautiful necklace I've ever seen. 

"Wow

"Wow." Both boys spoke in unison, as I handled the necklace by the chain. The light of the fire made the gem shimmer. I detected some writing in the middle necklace. I squinted my eyes and handled one hand on the gem closer to see it because it was so small. Until my vision adjusted to the size, I managed to make out the words by a whisper. "Gruss vom Krampus." If I were to gazed up for the gift, I would've noticed Omi stiffen when I said those words.

"MAX, EIRA, I TOLD YOU TO GET OMI OUT OF THE-" Mom blurted out, was silenced by Omi pouring the hot water into some cups. "Heiße Schokolade macht alles besser. (Hot chocolate makes everything better.)" "She says 'hot chocolate makes everything better'." Both Max and I said in unison. Mom cracked a smile, then looked inside of my hands. "That's pretty." She commented, taking the jewelry in her hands and examining it before returning it. "Who gave this to you?" I shrugged "I'm not sure."