FORTY SIX

Originally planning to attend, Louis waves Harry off as he and Alec head to meet Zayn for lunch. He sighs, closing the front door. He really needed to start eating better, he'd been eating rather unhealthily for awhile now; probably bringing on his dizzy spells and uneasiness in his stomach.

Stretching lazily, Louis decides to go make himself a cup of tea and catch up on some television. Humming, he changes his mind, opting to go for some white wine that was left over from one of his and Harry's sickeningly sweet honeymoon type of evenings. He felt up for the white, which was nice for him, a small, teensy victory.

Those evenings where they were so intoxicatingly soft and smitten for each other; suddenly eighteen and twenty again, so in love and lustful and attentive to one another. Where they had long nights where Harry made Louis his very own all over again, from gentle pecks to rough kisses; it was like they were entering some paradox where they had never fallen out of love.

'Fallen out of love', an ill fitted phrase, really. Neither had fallen out of love with the other person; more they had both fallen out of love with the exhausting situation of hiding their love for one another.

And Louis was just thankful they could love freely. Because they were free. Free as the doves tattooed onto Harry in both of their honour.

Louis takes a sip nostalgically of the white wine, at 2pm with the sun shining and the radio playing lowly. He turns it up, swinging himself up onto the counter top, perching himself there; cross legged, sock clad feet dangling.

Some actress Louis didn't pick up the name of has just announced her pregnancy via Instagram. Good for her, He thinks.

Although, he can't say she'll enjoy the cons of pregnancy. All the fatigue, can't keep anything down, even the dizziness. All things he for sure doesn't miss, but hey; at least he got his precious little angel boy out of it, right?

Suddenly, his bright eyes widen, before he's even swallowed a drop of it, he spits the white wine back into the glass.

"Fuck,"

"How's my favourite little guy?" Zayn greets cheekily as he spots Harry and the giant stroller that contains Alec in the corner of a cafe.

Harry smirks. "Lewis? He's not too hot right now, s'why I took Al; let Louis rest a bit," If Louis were present Harry's sure he would've been cut deep with a glare at the mispronunciation of his name.

Zayn's eyes soften. "Awh no, that's so shit; how's Lou?"

Harry shakes his head. "Sick as a dog," He murmurs. "Can't seem to keep food down, exhausted all the time and he keeps getting these dizzy spells too; quite scary, I'm kinda worried leaving him on his own in case he gets dizzy,"

"I'm sorry to hear that mate, give him all my love, yeah? S'not flu season, wonder what it could be, eh?"

"Mmh. Anyways, what's happening with you? You got my text right? About the barbeque next week at mine and L's?"

Zayn nods. "Yeah, absolutely. G and I will be there, looking forward to it," He grins. "Haven't really been up touch, been in the studio quite a bit,"

"Oh yeah? Writing anything new?"

"Well, m'tryin' to," Zayn laughs.

A waiter appears and takes their orders as Alec begins to stir in his sleep, Harry calming him immediately, taking Alec out of his stroller.

"Lou and I are gonna tell our families that we're back together at the barbeque, actually," Harry says softly, cradling Alec gently.

"Oh yeah? That's great, mate, really happy for you two. You deserve it," Zayn replies, a small smile plastered across his lips as he catches Alec's eyes, the infant staring at him intently.