17. Sotíra

"Tell me what happened with you." Taya demanded. Casey sucked in her breath lightly. They were in a room that had been given to the both of them. Taya's eyebrows shot up, "Casey, anytime now." 

She nodded. "So, I sat next to that Brazilian guy - his name is Pedro. We talked and asked a few questions to each other. As the plane landed, I was coming to you guys and his bag burst open. I went to help him. By the time it was cleared up, you guys weren't there. We went out and the Amazons captured us. Also he is a Sotíra." Casey added sheepishly. 

Taya gasped. "You knew and didn't tell us yesterday? What is this, Casey?" 

"It slipped my mind!" 

Taya scoffed. "Okay, fine. Where is he now?" 

"In a room. And I met him yesterday." Casey grinned. 

Taya slapped her forehead, "are you planning on giving me heart attacks all day? Why did you have to meet him?" 

Casey turned red, "because I like him. He is different. He is all I can think about." She said dreamily. 

Taya's eyes widened. "Okay, you are out of your mind. You met Pedro two days ago. You just like him because he is pretty." 

"Do not!" 

Taya rolled her eyes. "What's Pedro like?" 

Before Casey could answer, someone knocked on the door. Taya opened the door and her hand tightened on the knob. Casey went and stood next to her to see who it was. "Hey, Matt." She giggled. 

Taya shot a look that said what are you doing? Matt squinted and shook his head. He turned towards Taya. "We have to go start your training." 

"Uh, what training?" 

Matt rolled his eyes, "with all of this that has been going on, did you forget that you are a Sotíra with magic water powers?" 

Taya shook her head. Matt beckoned with his hand and walked away. 

Taya squeezed Casey's hand and went out, turning around to see that Casey had a smug smile on her face. 

Taya caught up with Matt and he picked up pace. She cleared her throat, "Pedro is a Sotíra." 

"Who is Pedro?" Matt glanced at her. 

"The Brazilian guy Casey sat with." 

Matt's steps faltered. "Really? When did you get to know?" 

She frowned. "Just now. What are you going to do?" He arched an eyebrow. "Nothing. Yet. I'll talk with Stella first." 

Taya scoffed and was about to retort but she saw the area in front of her and was mesmerized. It was a small blue lake, no ripples in sight. The clouds were reflected like mirror, a perfect scenery. The soft breeze blew Taya's hair into her eyes. She brushed it away impatiently. The leaves on the trees had turned gold and red, some of them falling to the ground. 

"Wow." 

Matt scowled, "yeah, it's nice. Let's get to work." 

Taya squinted at him but did not argue. "What's first on today's agenda?" She asked.

He looked at her and saw that all the boyish-ness had disappeared. He looked like a strong warrior, who was not going to stand any nonsense. 

"You have seen the Avengers right?" 

She nodded. "So, I get to make magic shields like Doc, instead I use water?"

"No." 

"Then why the reference?"