Chapter Three

Carla's Pov
Slowly I grew into this so fucked up routine. Sangwoo was really crazy in the head and I was so shocked I never noticed it. In his head, he really believes that me, him, and Yoonbum were a family, a strange crazy family.  I did the cleaning and laundry.

Yoonbum usually did most of the cooking and Sangwoo treated it like a sick game of house. If I obey him the beating and rapes aren't that bad. If he was in a good mood. It all was better for the two poor souls stuck in the house.

Yoonbum still felt kinda strange around me and it didn't take a stranger to notice he was madly in love with Sangwoo and would do anything for him. I felt like every passing day I was losing more of myself every day. I hardly recognized the bruised looking girl when I stared in the mirror.

My hair long gone from its length now a deep black color and short. I was in the kitchen going through some of the food that wasn't needed or old, feeling the icy stares on my head making me squirm in an uncomfortable way.

"Yoonbum can you stop staring at me like that." I stammered spinning around I saw him sitting at the counter cutting up vegetables for tonight's meal. He quickly averted his deep black eyes not saying anything for a minute.

"H-how was a girl like you able to make friends with Sangwoo?" He questioned his tone was confusing but I spoke quietly recalling the memory.

"We go to the same college, and he needed help in one subject that's all," I answered stalking away some more things in the upper cabinets with one loud bang. I then spun around.

"What do you mean a girl like me?" I questioned I knew Yoonbum hated me I just didn't know why. His eyes went wide and a large blush over his face, body shaking.

"I didn't mean like it that! I mean you are just a really sweet and kind girl... You always wrap up my cuts and stuff you aren't like the rich girls at school that's all." I breathed out a small sigh of relief leaning back on the counter.

"I... Well, thank you I was raised to treat everyone with respect even the assholes and terrible people of the world." I spoke spinning around.  I felt a small thing of metal and looked to see there was another knife. An actual knife.

My eyes went wide and I spun around scooping up the knife quickly hiding it in the inside of my skinny jeans Sangwoo had given me hoping the knife wouldn't cut me slightly ignoring Yoonbum's words and talking.

There was no way I could fight off Sangwoo I barely could when he was raping me. And forcing me to take birth control, but if he wasn't gonna end my life maybe I could. The loud slamming of the front door made both of us tense up almost instantly.

The energy was so different between us when it was just us. But now the devil is home. "I'm home!" I shut my eyes doing a small prayer in my head that the worst was over but no it was just the beginning for me.

____________________________
When night fell I was laying on the bed with both Sangwoo and Yoonbum who were sound asleep. Usually there wasn't enough room for both of us to sleep there, so Sangwoo would make us switch out between the basement and here.

I think Sangwoo thought something was up with me since I didn't change out from my sleep clothes but carefully I slipped out from under Yoonbum's arms looking at him sadly.

Fuck I didn't wanna leave him alone in this hell... He had been here for so long already. I stood up carefully on my aching body making my way out the bedroom before sneaky and quiet.  I made my way into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me I sat on the floor pulling the large knife from my jeans staring at it deeply.

My hands were shaking and my body trembling knowing it was gonna be painful. I quickly lifted the knife at right towards my arms slashing across with one quick motion on both arms and held back a small scream at the impact watching the blood slowly pool out from my arms dripping down fast it stained the handle of the knife.

I quickly kept repeating the actions fast I'm so sorry Bum... I promise if I survive this I'll find a way out for all of us. I didn't even realize I was crying until the bathroom light was flicked on and I was staring up at a very star-struck Sangwoo who was half-sleep, but he quickly sprung into actions rushing towards me.

"Carla! What the fuck give me the fucking knife!" He shouted in a rage.  He had tackled me down to the ground pinning me down with his entire body.

I quickly kicked at him fast still crying quickly pushing the knife into my stomach feeling it being yanked out fast.

"Sangwoo let me go! " I screamed bloody murder feeling his large hands and body was still forcing me down.

"Jesus! Carla stop hold fucking still you dumb bitch." I thrashed around the now instant pain of the stab sound making me moan out at the pain.  I stared up in Sangwoo's eyes seeing him still in even more shock before he was forcing one of his hand down at the impact of the knife. Holding his hand in place there.

"S-sangwoo what's going on." My head fell back in place on the tile staring at the doorway was a shaky Yoonbum looked at the scene in front of him his eyes shaking with fear.

"Bum! Go get the first aid kit now and everything please!" Sangwoo shouted at the frightened boy. My vision was slowly starting to fade in and out.

"Carla keep those damn eyes open. I'm not losing you." I fluttered my eyes a few times before smiling sadly. "Bye Sangwoo," I muttered.