Ch.10 Can I turst you?

I woke up the next morning and noticed that Tyler was gone. I was a little upset but I knew that I would most likely see him later. I changed clothes and went to the kitchen to see if that vampire Damon killed touched anything.

I saw that he didn’t touch anything so I left and went to see Elena.

“Hey Ryleigh, come on in.” Elena said as she answered the door.

“Hey Elena, Stefan. How are you guys?” I asked as I leaned against the counter.

“We’re good. How are you?” Stefan asked back.

“I’m fine. Those hunters attacked me again.” I said as Elena and Stefan both looked at me.

“How did they get in?” Elena asked.

“I have no idea, but I’m thankful that Tyler was there, so he helped me fight them off.” I answered with a smile.

“I’m glad that he was there, and I’m glad that you both are ok.” Stefan said as he hugged me.

“Thanks Stefan.” I said as I hugged him back.

Jeremy wandered into the room, asked what we were doing, and told us that he gave the journal to Mr. Saltzman, our history teacher. I still can’t believe that he knows about vampires as well, but I’m glad that he hasn’t tried anything against us, yet.

Jeremy motioned for me to follow him, so I did because honestly, I didn’t really want to know what Stefan and Elena were planning.

“So…. How have you been Jer?” I asked as I sat on his bed.

“I’ve been good, but what about you?” Jeremy asked back as he sat next to me.

“I’m the same. Bitchy, out of it, etc.” I replied with a smile.

Jeremy chuckled and I would be lying if I said that I didn’t miss that sound. I can’t believe that I’m about to say this, but I miss Jeremy. I know he hurt me and that I’ve slept with Tyler, but I can’t help the way I feel. Tyler and I are not a couple, so maybe. Wait! What am I thinking? He likes Anna, not me. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Jeremy asked if I was ok.

“Yeah Jer, I’m fine just thinking.” I said, which made Jeremy smile.

Jeremy shocked me when he leaned over and kissed me.

“What was that for?” I asked as we broke apart.

“I don’t know. I just felt like doing that.” Jeremy said with a smile, which made me want to kiss him again, which I did, and that turned into us making out. We finally broke apart, both of us smiling from ear to ear, and headed downstairs where Damon and Elena were setting up for dinner.

“Hola Elena, Damon.” I said as I greeted the two.

“Hey Ryleigh.” both of them said at the same time.

I laughed, went and sat on the couch with Jeremy, and watched him play video games, until Damon came over and started playing with him. I think Damon was kicking Jeremy’s ass until Jeremy’s phone rang because Anna was calling him. I almost fell in the floor when Jeremy said that he knew someone that was hotter than Anna, but wouldn’t say who.

Elena, Damon, and Stefan stepped outside to talk about the journal until they all came back inside and Damon asked Jeremy who he showed the journal to. Jeremy was confused until Elena kept asking him, and then he told us that he told Anna about it, which made Damon come up with the idea that he should meet her, and Jeremy said that she wanted him to meet her at the Grill, so Damon thought that, that was a great idea, but I stayed behind because I didn’t want to see them flirting. I hung around with Elena and Stefan while they searched through the copy of the journal that Mr. Saltzman made. I was thankful that he did that, but also curious.

I went with Elena and Stefan to dig up Stefan and Damon’s father’s grave, after some arguing of course. When we reached the grave, I held the light, while they started digging. It took a while, but then Stefan heard something clank. He shifted some dirt around, opened the coffin, pulled out a book, closed the coffin, placed the book on top of some dirt, and opened it, and the book turned out to be the witch’s spell book that everyone has been looking for. Damon then showed up, tried to make Elena and I feel bad, but grabbed Elena, bit his wrist, and made her drink his blood while saying that he would kill her if Stefan didn’t give him the book.

I couldn’t believe that Damon was doing this for some chick that turned him, and I also couldn’t believe that he would threaten to kill Elena just to open some tomb. I watched as Stefan tossed down the book, and waited for Elena to come to him. When she did, she and Stefan began walking away.

“I can’t believe you Damon. Guess I know where your loyalty lies.” I said as I turned and walked away as well. I know I probably sound like a bitch, but you have to understand that he’s risking the lives of the people I love and care about. If it was you, what would you do? Risk the lives of the people you love and care about? Or move on with your life?

I went home with Elena and figured that I would stay with Jeremy because I knew that Elena and Stefan wanted some time to themselves, and I love them too much not to be a great friend. I really do love them to death, and Elena knows that I would rather die than see her, Jenna, Jeremy, Bonnie, or any of our friends and family hurt.

Jeremy wasn’t in his room, so I sat on his bed and waited for him. I heard a noise come from Elena’s room, so I went to check it out, but I wasn’t the only one because Stefan was standing at her door, but Elena was nowhere in sight.

Stefan and I shared a look, but he knew something that I didn’t.

“She took her.” Stefan whispered, but that only made me more confused.

“Who Stefan? Who took Elena?” I asked.

“Anna. She took Elena.” Stefan answered, and I wished that I didn’t ask.

That made my blood boil. Why in the hell would Anna do this? Why would she risk exposing herself? I can’t wait to get my hands on her. I guess Stefan saw how angry I was because he placed a hand on my shoulder.

“I’m going to go look for her, but please stay here and call me if you hear anything.” Stefan said as we looked at each other.

“Ok, and you do the same.” I said before Stefan left. I couldn’t believe that this was happening, but I guess it’s to be expected. I made my way back into Jeremy’s room and crashed on his bed.