Ramshackle

A/N: Sorry for the wait y'all, school's happening now so I have less time to write.

I walked with Crowley towards an abandoned building, likely a dormitory that was abandoned long ago. All I can think is yeesh, this place needs a long overdue renovation. Crowley unlocked the door, leading me inside the foyer of this abandoned living accommodation. “I know this isn’t the best, but I was as thorough as I could with my magic to clean up the dust for you.” Crowley told me, and I just nodded. “I just need to ask, Miss Helgesen. Why are you wearing those headphones?”

Welp, looks like I completely forgot I was wearing my ear defenders. “A...ah, I forgot I had them on still.” I stuttered, removing them from my ears and placing them so the part that goes on the ears are on the sides of my temples, with the band behind my head. “These are my ear defenders,” I pointed to the hearing protection, “I wear these since I’m hypersensitive to noise and get stressed if there’s too much noise or complex noises without them. It doesn’t block all sounds, it kinda muffles the noise.”

Crowley, even though I couldn’t see him directly, nodded his head. “I understand. Since I want you to not be under a lot of stress while you’re under my care, I might have to write some sort of plan to help accommodate you. You said yourself that you don’t have magic in you, and given your little incident during the ceremony you’re not exactly fit for P.E.” I had a light bulb moment, because even though he doesn’t know what the word is, I know he’s talking about an IEP.

“You mean an IEP?” I asked, turning to look more directly at him. He cocked his head to the side like a curious bird. “Individualized Education Plan,” I explained, “it’s something put in place for an individual student in order to make accommodations if they’re disabled in any shape or form. I have one myself, since I’m considered disabled in order to get what I need.”

Crowley nodded his head. “Ah, I see. Since I’m generous, I’ll have you with me in my office to help form the IEP. You know yourself better than anyone else.” I nodded in response, walking around the lounge area of the dorm.

“Nobody remembers the actual name of this dorm,” Crowley explained, “now everyone just calls it Ramshackle Dorm.” If I had my dictionary with me I’d look up the definition of ramshackle, but I don’t. I just nodded along, following him to one of the rooms closest to the lounge like a little duckling.

“I was able to find a spare uniform for you, but it’s going to be a little on the large side.” Crowley said as he opened the door. I shrugged, since male shirts aren’t really made with female breast sizes and I have quite large ones, it means my stomach won’t exactly be exposed.

The room was in a bit of disrepair, but it was relatively clean. I placed my messenger bag on the mattress of the bed.

“You didn’t have to go out of your way to do all of this, sir.” I told him, “I’m pretty sure I’m basically an undocumented person in this world.”

“That’s exactly why I’m taking you under my care.” Crowley replied, “Since you have no way to contact your family right now, I feel it should be my responsibility to treat you like my own daughter. I am generous after all.”

“But what about documentation?” I asked, “Wouldn’t you have to tell the government about my existence in order to be able to document me as some sort of citizen?”

“I haven’t had time to do that, but it will be done. For now, I’m concerned that you at least have a roof over your head.” he answered. “Just rest for now, I’m sure you’re under a lot of stress. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He walked out of the room, and I sat on the bed.

I might not know where the fuck I am, let alone why, but I’d be damned if I didn’t appreciate Crowley allowing me to attend this school and not leaving me to die. At least I’m able to sleep now. I closed my eyes, but it’ll take a while for me to actually fall asleep. I… move my legs a lot.