4

I was in the land of dragons and I felt more like I was in a land of snakes. I'd just returned to my room after finding out the boy that I was crushing on...was plotting against me with the crowned Prince of the Dragonov Empire. I am pacing back and forth.

"How long did you know?"

Ouroboros is looking out of the window. It's a dark sky. The Paramour fortress had several gates. From the window, it looks like you can see down its thick walls and wide moats. The spirits of the dragon look past the colossal 400 feet tall walls as if they were nothing but small fences.

"You don't question me. I'm the dragon."

"Ouroboros!"

He gives me a look. He was so proud even now. He does that squint where his already slanted eyes get even more slanted and the sexy grey peeks through like the moon during an eclipse.

He crossed his arms, "I kept track of what was going on at the Capital even while I was in hiding. I knew the Crowned Prince was having a treasonous affair with Maximillian Nair for years now."

"Years?"

I stop moving. I just stand there. How could I be so stupid? The way he held me and the way he kissed me all felt so real. I couldn't get my mind off of Maxim. I couldn't get his scent off of my clothing.

"I didn't want to return to the capital. If it was up to me I would have kept you far away from here. This place isn't a place for you."

His voice has an intense cadence to it as though everything he says is law. There's a certainty to it. A rolling ease in his way of dictating his facts to me with no acknowledgment of how I felt.

"You don't know me..." I grumble challenging him with a deep voice myself.

"Doesn't matter. I'm the dragon. I choose what is appropriate for you or not. Unfortunately, they tracked me right to you. I wasn't surprised when I saw Pike's squire here with the retrieval party. Everyone in the Capital has a spy. Maxim belongs to the Prince."

Seemed like Maxim was a little bit more than a spy to the Prince. They seemed intimate.

"I'm going to confront him."

"Don't be stupid. I can't protect you. I'm locked away in the dragon pit," Ouroboros explains, "If he knows you are onto him, who will stop him from strangling you before you leave the room?"

He has a point.

"He'd do that?"

"I'd do that if I were him——well, I'd probably burn you alive but same difference."

He shrugs as though he's telling me what's for dinner. I'm scared to death.

"You aren't understanding. I don't want to be strangled, burned, mauled, drowned, poisoned, shot with an arrow, stabbed, shot with a crossbow, hung, shot with one of those fucking fireball cannon things that they knock down gates with—"

"I get it," Dread states grabbing me up, "You don't want to die."

Sometimes I think he looks for reasons to touch me. Any reason. Right now I assume he's trying to calm me down but he isn't good at it. One hand is on my face and the other has made its way slowly down my ass.

It's not comforting. It's perverted.

I push him away, "What do I do?"

"You're asking my opinion?"

"Yes?"

He gives me a look and smiles, "Play along. Accept me. Pretend to be in the dark with everything and then when we have the opportunity...we will strike first."