Heartbreak

After a weekend spent alone in his bedroom, mind never silent of the countless what ifs and unanswered questions, here Junhee stood. Outside of the photography department out of school hours, gaze fixated on the boy he knew to be his soulmate as he ambled around the studio.

Junhee couldn't tear his eyes away.

He surveyed the boy as he moved equipment around the large, empty space. He was the only one left in the room as it neared the end of the day, so he seemed to take his time. Junhee could hear him sing to himself as he packed away his belongings.

He could have been fooled that time had stopped all together as he stood observing the other, having felt like he'd been hiding in the hallway for what could have easily been over an hour already since he had gotten there.

The evening sun poured through the windows of the white studio and veiled the male he had been silently studying, his skin radiant and shrouded gold.

Junhee's breath suddenly caught in his throat as the other sharply turned and made his way towards the door, bolting quickly to the left and pressing himself against the lockers that surrounded the classroom behind him.

Squeezing his eyes shut in both anticipation and fear, Junhee waited for the boy to make his way home for the night. With a soft click, the studio door had self locked, and footsteps made their way towards him.

The boy almost walked past him without even a second glance before Junhee's voice halted him in his tracks.

"Can we talk?"

Junhee's heart pounded in his chest as the other cautiously turned to face him, eyes widening at who they were met with.

"It's Donghun, right?"

A small hum was Junhee's only answer.

Donghun wasn't as intimidating now as Junhee had first thought. In fact, he looked rather sad.

"What do you want? I have places to be." Okay, maybe he was a little intimidating.

"I want to know why you attacked me the way you did."

Donghun sighed, visibly frustrated as his hand rose to card through his caramel brown hair.

He was attractive, Junhee noted. Very, at that. His hair was long, softly curled and parted down the middle to frame his face. He was almost regal, like a prince, Junhee would say.

"It was a misunderstanding. I'm sorry."

"That's it? All I get is a half-assed apology for you rendering me unconscious?" Junhee retorted, making his annoyance known to the other.

"What else do you want?" Donghun growled, clearly losing patience with the boy before him.

"I want to talk about this, about what we are-"

"What we are? We're not anything." Donghun stated, crossing his arms to his chest as he cocked an eyebrow in anticipation of Junhee's next few words.

"But we're-"

"No, we're not. We're not anything and we're never going to be anything."

Junhee's mouth opened only for the words to crumble before being able to make their descent from the tip of his tongue.

"Don't get the wrong idea. You don't mean anything to me, just as I shouldn't to you. Got it?"

With one last antagonistic glare, Donghun made his exit, hiking his sidebag up on to his shoulder before casually sauntering past Junhee as if he were never there.

And with that, it was over.
And Junhee couldn't help but feel heartbroken.