1.

You huffed as you brushed the knots out of your hair, in all honesty, you hadn't even considering taking any opportunity like this. Yet something inside you woke up, like a spark, a hope for a reality of living your own dream. Placing your brush down on the bathroom sink you gazed at yourself in the mirror. Were you dressed in appropriate attire? You cleared your throat and begin gathering the printed out pictures of yourself, they definitely were not professional ones, just ones that showed your assets like her figure and her facial profile. You picked the best one's and put them in the portfolio Marnie had told her to get, slowly you take a deep breath and began reciting your speech. 

"Hello my name is Athena Dameron. I'm 21 years old and I'm from Brooklyn New york. I've been writing since I was 3 thus I grew up into writing. I am currently working on a script that has been in the making for 4 years now. Although I have only taken a couple of writing courses and workshops, 2 of my pieces have earned awards from the college board. I am currently exploring the world of acting, my only experience in acting is I took a theatre class in high school."

"Gods I sound so new and stupid." You jump as you feels your phone vibrate from your pocket, you huff and close your portfolio. You grab your purse with your other hand and loc up the apartment walking down the steps quickly. You stick her arm out trying to ignore the busy noise of New York that you always hated, successfully hailing a taxi you hopped in and gave the address that marnie sent you. 

You gazed out the window for ahwile watching all the people hurry to get where they needed to be. A part of you knew that you didn't belong in New York, it was too chaotic for you. Not too long later you felt the taxi come to a stop and she paid the man and stepped onto the sidewalk. 

"Woah." You try to catch your breath, the building was one of the tallest one's in New York. There has to be some mistake right? I can't be going in there.

You scan the area walking up to the building, men in suits and women in tight work clothes passing you by. You shif as you walks up. I feel so out of place. I was definitely not dressed like they were. You step into the building and feel the cool AC blow your hair a bit. Stepping up to the desk in front of you, you see a woman with bright red hair and green eyes.

"Um hi? I'm Athena Dameron I have-"

"You're the 10 o'clock with Mr.James correct?"

"Yes I am." A crack hits the counter as a clipboard and some paperwork is put in front of you. 

"Fill these out then hold onto them, you should have your portfolio with you. Mr.James will be out to see you in a bit." You take the clip board and start filling out some paper saying you're here for the program and essentially how long you will be affiliated to the company unless they decide to keep you. 

After you were done with all the paperwork you pulled out your phone and began scrolling through social media, the normal stuff popped up so you decided to follow the company you'd be working for and the program profile. Typical advertising for the company popped up, some celebrities that worked under or with the company, most had photos taken with them at red carpets or on sets for shows and movies. You felt your breath quickening, the reality that you are signing your social media presence, your censorship, and your life to a big company affiliated with celebrites made you very nervous. 

You scrolled further until you spotted two very attractive men in tuxes in a photo together. One with wavy dirty blonde locks and dark brown eyes, and the other with long black hair and freckles covering his face, the man with black hair significantly taller than the blonde man. Your face flushes as you stare at the men, snapping you out of your gaze a woman with a high pitch voice is now in front of you. 

"Hello! My my you're so very gorgeous, I'm Marine. Mr. James in just finishing up his meeting, we will meet him in one of his confrence rooms. Come come." You put your phone in your purse and walk behind Marnie, you both get settled into the elevator. Your eyes widen a little when you see her push the third to the top floor button. 

"You must be very excited to work with Mr.James, he is quite the celebrity in this industry very handsome too. He usually doesn't meet any of the interns but because you're a shadow you'll be spending more time on set with the actors, so extra precautions are necessary in this case. Thus you meeting him." Marnie giggles a bit, you give her a smile trying to shake off your nerves. She speaks quickly as she fills you in on your role as a shadow breifly and the expectations held in the company. You hear a ding and you and Marnie walk into to a big empty room with a long table in the middle. 

"Oh please take a seat, and don't be so nervous he was very impressed by your essay response." You hear the click of marnie's heels as she leaves the room with the door cracked slightly. You take a deep breath trying to shake off your nerves. You put your phone on the table and turn up the volume not too loud but so you could hear and turn on a singing bowl closing your eyes and breathing slowly. About 15 minutes later you hear a knock on the door, snapping your eyes open you see the same blonde man from the photo walk in. He waves his hand at you due to your jump whe he entered. 

"Please please I meditate before my meetings too, sorry to interuppt." You stumble over your words and put your phone away. 

"Oh no don't apologize you weren't interuppting, I was finished anyway." You give a shy smile. You stand up to shake his hand and you both sit across from one another at the long table. 

"Pleasure to meet you Miss Dameron, my apologies for being so late to our meeting. Some business just don't know how to stop talking." He laughs slightly a wide grin upon his face. "Do you have your portfolio with you?" 

"Oh yes!" You pull your folder out from your bag and slide it over to him. 

"I was truly moved by your essay in your application Miss Dameron, you really show quite a bit of promise. So tell me about your writing, along with any specifics when it comes to acting and such. Why did you choose this program, and what do you intend to bring to us? Other than you very apparent beauty of course." He looks at your breifly with a smile as he flips through your photos, You blush at the word beauty. 

"Well I've been writing since I was 3 and-"

"N-no no, like what do you write about, what makes you tick when it comes to writing. Why script writing? Things like that." He gives you a half smile as he finishes flipping through your portfolio. 

You swallow heavily, you didn't exactly prepare for questions like these. So you shifted in your seat and placed your hands in your lap. Taking a breath before you started. 

"Normally I write romance, some thriller. I think the way story can put you somehwere completely different is amazing, it can be one paragraph or even a sentence and suddenly you are somewhere else, someone else, something eles other than the life you've known. The way you can be swept up into nothing with the power of just a few words is incredible. Without stories and me being able to write little scripts I would act out myself I don't think I would've gotten through my childhood, my traumas you know. Words can be a real punch to the gut if used the wrong way but they can soothe is all the same if used the right way, sensual and real and pure eurphoria when emclosed in them." You snap out of your rant as you hear him begin clapping slowly. You flush quickly as you tuck your hair behind your ear seeing as you used them to help you animate your speech. 

"That is exactly what I wanted to see." You raised your eyebrow in confusion.

 "Passion, Miss Dameron. Without passion me and this company wouldn't exist. I believe you fit right in. I'll set your information up to be faxed to the lastest project down in San Francisco. I'll send you the address to where you will be staying down there, as well as the cast and crew list. You'd be flying out next week so that you can get used to the cast and crew before filming begins. Also you'll be working under one of my best directors, and shadowing his scriptwriter. How does that sound?" He stood up and you followed, him out reaching his hand again for you to shake it. You gripped it shaking slightly.

"That sounds uh good to me Mr.James." 

"Please call me Kyle." You smile back at Kyle him giving you a wink as he exits the room, your heart beating loudly in your ears. 

You'd be flying out to San Francisco in less than 7 days.