2.

My nose scrunches as I sniff the air, it smells like salt and metal. I wouldn't expect anything less though, San Francisco was the industrial city after all. The air was cold and the sky was surprisingly clear with few clouds. I pull open my phone and look at the address Marnie had sent me after my meeting with Mr. James, you shook off a bubbly feeling in your stomach. Gods Athena now is not the time to get cocky and giddy over your acceptance. You'll have time for that when you get settled in. I keep walking through the airport until I reach the doorway, the air hits my face blowing my hair back a bit, I shiver slightly. It's colder outside than inside the airport, maybe I should've brought thicker clothes. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"Hello?"

"Hi Athena! Have you gotten to the airport yet?" It's Marnie.

"Yes, I just walked out of the airport."

"Oh wow, your flight is early! Even so, there should be a car pulling up for you soon. Mr. James requested for you to be comfortable, so when you enter the car feel free to each the snacks and refreshments out for you. Trust me they are way better than the airplane food."

Marnie giggles a bit, I smile against the phone. "Alrighty dear, the driver knows where to take you. He will let you know the details when in the car. Tootles!"

I smile. I had never been anywhere but New York in my life but by the looks of it SF wasn't very far off, with my mother never in the picture I had my overly controlling father and my brother but well...I don't talk about him.

I snap my head up and see a man in a black suit holding a paper with my name on it, holy fuck is that the car that's driving me? It a sleek white mini limo with tinted windows, it looks fit for celebrities. I look around and see people staring at me muttering things, they probably think I'm someone important I better get out of here. I attempt to put my bag in the trunk but the man in the black suit grabs it from me and puts it in himself.

"uh T-thank you."

"My pleasure Miss Dameron, please make yourself comfortable." The man opens the white door revealing sleek black leather seats. I gulp, why the hell is it so nice? I'm not that important to the company, I'm just like an intern. I'm overwhelmed.

I take a deep breath as the car starts, I stare out the window as the car gets onto the freeway. I feel somewhat at home, the buildings are crowded together like in New York but the freeways are alot more complicated here than there. I jump a little as there's a knock on the window seperating me and the driver.

"Yes?"

"You have a call from Mr. James miss, press the second button on your screen to pick up."

"O-oh thank you!" Fuck fuck where's the little screen? I look around and see a screen across from me on the right above the snacks. I press the glowing button. "Hello?"

"Ah darling Athena! How are you enjoying the drive so far?"

"It's beautiful sir really, where exactly am I staying?"

"Darling no need for pleasentries call me Kyle like I said." I mean you're my boss so there definitely is need for them. "So the driver is dropping you off on the set, you'll be one of the few cast members staying on set with the actors. I felt the need to place you there due to you getting the full expierience. The collegue of mine who you will be shadowing is Travis Marsh."

I begin to cough and sputter. "T-the thee Travis Marsh?! The director with 2 acadamey awards and 3 Oscars? That Travis Marsh?" A chuckle fills comes through the screen.

"Yes that's the one, you'll be following him around and sitting in on script read throughs with him as well as sitting in on his meetings with the script writers. You should be there soon. I will be there shortly after you to introduce you both properly to one another, he's heard good things from me about you she he's looking forward to working with you. Anyway I'll see you there bye bye."

I swallow harshly, when he said a famous director I didn't think it would be top league director! I need to gather myself before I get there.

~~~~~~~~~~~

X reader Third Person POV

You steady your breath as you sare out the window, the builings tall and towering over the cars below. You feel your stomach fill with butterflies as you go up and down hills. After awhile you notice that the crowded and compacted houses become less and less. The scenery begins to grow more sparse in the property around them. The city now has faded into trees and shrubery, you look out the other window and gasp at the view. The city was huge and it looked so small behind you as your car drove up the side of a mountain.

You feel the car slow to a stop as you pull into a dirt area with some houses in the distance. You begin to reach for the door but it swings open and the chauffeur lets you out.

"Thank you."

"No problem Miss Dameron. Have a wonderful day." He walks around and hands you your luggage, you smile and nod at him as the limo pulls away. You stiffen as a hand loops around your waist, you look up to meet the eyes of your boss smiling down at you.

"How do you like the view Athena?" You relax a little but not a lot since the hand on your waist is a unfamiliar feeling.

"It's gorgeous really."

"I'm glad you like it, I'll show you to your trailer. Once we get there you can get changed into something more formal and then I'll take you to meet travis and the cast and crew. Sound good doll?" You blush at his words, his soft smile meaning no harm by the nicknames so you smile back.

"Sounds lovely Kyle." You use his first name, you see him perk up at the sound of it.

~~~~~~~~~~

You change in a red button-up shirt with a black skirt and black heels on, you comb your hair and let it fall to frame your face. You turn in the mirror looking at your body, admitting your face is attractive only once before you begin to tell yourself what's wrong with your body. A sigh fills the air as you shove away all the negative things going through your head, you push open the door taking in a deep breath. The air more clean and crisp than from the airport, most likely because of the abundance of trees.

"Well you look grogeous Athena." Your face flushes red and look down smiling slightly.

"Thank you Kyle."

"Rigth this way to meet everyone." Kyle extends his hand to you, you slip your hand into his your face flushes deep as his large hand grips your small one. A large smile creeps onto your face as you look around at the set as it comes into view, the tall cameras and bright lights tower over you. You felt butterflies erupt in your stomach.

Holy crap, I'm here. I've made it here. On a set with Travis Marsh, working alongside actors that don't even know you exist until you step into the room. Loud, filled with laughter and chatter. You feel your happy butterflies turn into anxious ones as everyone in the room turns to look at you, you do a hair flip letting it frame your face again. Not sure if it came off as arrogant or confident, either way you were scared shitless.

"Morning everyone! This is Athena Dameron, she's the writing shadow I've chosen to be here on set with you all. Her job will be to sit in on script reads and meetings, writing seminars for Marsh, etcetera etcetera. Along with give her own creative imput when she feels like it, I'd like her to be seen as an equal as I know she will earn her place here on set with you all."

You give a small wave, scanning the cast and crew. The actors and actresses were beautiful already with hair and makeup done, the captured the eyes in the room without evern trying. Your eyes landed upon a man you sort of recognized, you scanned his face. The dark black locks, the piercgin hazel eyes and roman nose, the freckles scattered across his face.

That's the man from the photos online, he's so handsome way more in person. God he's gorgeous.

You feel a shiver run down your spine as he makes eye contact with you, quickly pulling yours away and looking at some of the other cast and crew. A few of them smile and wave back, others act like you don't exist. You feel the pull of your boss leading you away, as you smile awkwardly and turn back to face him.

"Now it's time you meet the director." Kyle looks down at you giving you a wink, you flinch as you feel his hand run his thumb over yours.

Well that's friendly?

——-
For some reason Wattpad is giving me trouble when publishing to I'm sorry if the updates are a little late 🥺