2

Seeing the park empty at night  was quite a strange sight. Their we're lots of strange factors such as unoccupied benches, abandoned playgrounds, and empty streets. Not really what you expect from a place that's suppose to bring people together.

Phoenix listen to the gentle whispers of the night as he takes a quick scroll on the park. The place was murky and cold yet in strange way, calming.

Just like how he lives his life, Phoenix strolled around the park aimlessly. But it seemed as if the park's sidewalk just kept on going and going and going and going and going and going and going

to the point

even

I don't

know

when a sentence

should start

and end.

The sky began slowly tap dancing with it's droplets of droopy raindrops that trampled, not only on Phoenix but, on a lonely man sitting on a bench.

The man sat down as droopy as the droopiest of all droopy raindrops, with a reason of course. A reason that I'm sure many can sympathize.

There's so many troubles that surrounds this world,

like taxes, poverty, mental illnesses, psychical pains, feuds,

oh, so many, but none of these we're what trouble the droopy man. What troubled him the most was the fact that, he had no one by his side.

He's wasted his entire life preparing for a stable and wonderful life with his loved one. But it's only dawned upon him now that no one loves him.

"Hey" 

Not a single person on earth cared about his existence. People would care more about the trash scattered around the globe, than a sad droopy man like him.

"Are you listening?"

No one cared. At least, not anymore, not ever since his dog died.

A sudden bright flash of white illuminates, completely blinding Phoenix's sight as gentle voice eases his ears, "Hello, earth to Phoenix?"

Phoenix, who was slowly emerged back to reality, stared blankly at the boy with silvery locks. It seems that his tutor was done reading through the assignments. 

Miles Edgeworth, a young boy who had the eyes of a determine person who knew what he wanted in life, the complete opposite of Phoenix Wright. 

"It said here that, you have an essay to pass this week" Miles announced, pointing at the tiny blue notebook.

If it hasn't been painstakingly obvious already, Phoenix isn't the most organize person in the world, but he tries his best. On Miles' hand was a small notepad Phoenix uses to keep track of assignments and projects alike.

Phoenix started blankly at Miles as he pulls out Phoenix's math book along side with some scratch papers and pens. Something was clearly amiss here. "But I guess it's better to start with the hardest one"

Oh how giddy, guess they're were starting off with everyone's favorite subject.

Miles flicked open to the page they needed and ask Phoenix if he knew how to do it. Phoenix,  not wanting to leave a bad first impression, (un)confidently said he can answer on his own.

Miles simply smiled seeing the daydreamer fidget and make unnecessary voluntary movement like, scratching his head or pointing on his chin with his pen to pretend thinking.

This lasted for at least a couple of minuets until Miles gave Phoenix a gentle pat on the head. Reassuring him, Miles said, "It's fine if you don't know how, I mean, Isn't that why am I here?"

 Yes, Phoenix you massive idiot. Did you think your parents' are paying him to sit still and to look pretty?

finally giving in Phoenix drag the book to Miles, who was preparing pieces of paper to help discuss the lesson.

The daydreamer would steal quick glances on Miles every now and then. But can you really blame him?

There was something mesmerizing about Miles strict yet calming expression. Or maybe was it the passion in his eyes that drew Phoenix's attention? 

The Daydreamer felt a strange feeling studying with the boy of silver locks, he just couldn't properly pin point what it was. But then again when has he ever done anything properly?

"Did you understand?" Miles smiled asking for confirmation.

.

.

.

Ah yes, understanding.

That was what the daydreamer was feeling. For the first time in forever, he understood what was being taught to him.

This understanding somehow gave Phoenix confidence he lost so so many years ago. Phoenix felt as if he could try to concur the world with this confidence. With a lot of emphasis on the word "try".

Phoenix gave Miles a nod of confirmation while Miles returned a gentle smile. 

The book was dragged towards Phoenix's direction while Miles said, "Great! Now you can start answering the activity"

The daydreamer could feel his tiny heart drop after remembering.

Of course he still needs to answer the assignment. What was Phoenix expecting? Miles wasn't going to do his assignment for him!

The once floating confidence slowly fell from cloud nine as it began to deflate.

Picking up the pen and paper, the daydreamer began to solve for x. But in my personal opinion, x should learn to solve his own problems.

It felt everything was a blur as each stroke was made.  Every number, every variable, each and every polynomial simplified and calculated.

And that's when in happened.

clap.

clap!

clapclapclap!!

"Good job Phoenix!" The boy with silver locks gave Phoenix a loud applause.

"D-did I get all of them correctly!?" Phoenix asked, completely in disbelief. 

Miles hummed out a quiet song before admitting, "Well, if I were you, I would double check my answer in number two"

The daydreamer blankly stared at what Miles was pointing at, trying to figure out the problem.

oh.

there it was.

Of course, the term was a negative.

A gentle smile curved around Miles' face. "You did a great job though! At least now you know the process"

The daydreamer felt patches of red on his face.

He was so used to being yelled at for mucking things up.

this...

.

.

this was a nice change of pace.