Who are you?

Scouring through millions of results on Google for one specific person probably wasn't something normal people did, but Dream had far crossed the boundary of normal long ago.

Would refreshing the page do something? Only one way to find out.

Dream sighed and leaned back in his chair. Still 8,8700,000 results on a search with the words George, programmer, and UK. There were only so many more combinations of characteristics Dream could type into the search bar, and he had been at this for two hours.

A bird chirped in the distance. He froze.

It was four in the morning on a Monday. He needed to be up in four hours for work. On top of that, he had stayed up with the intention of building the world he needed to feature in his video. He had booted up a random seed, but no other progress had been made on that.

Dream stared at his reflection on the computer screen. Even his own reflection looked disappointed in him.

How had his life come to this moment?

*

"Wow, you're having a splendid morning."

"Shut up," Dream mumbled, sweeping the remains of his fallen breakfast while George quietly chuckled at him.

The plate had landed on the floor almost perfectly, its only flaw being it was made of ceramic. It shattered as soon as it hit the floor. A mix of hot scrambled eggs, bacon, and plate pieces splattered across the kitchen floor, and George had dived to prevent Dream from stepping on one of the pieces.

Of course, Dream hadn't been allowed to touch the shards while George was around. But even from a cursory glance at the shards, none of it seemed to fit together. It was like a puzzle comprised solely of pieces from other puzzles. There was no way of solving it without forcing all the pieces together awkwardly or needing more pieces.

It was just a plate he had bought as part of a cheap set. Plates broke sometimes. So why was he so upset about this?

The chuckles were cut off quickly, and George frowned. "You seem quite tired. You need to stop staying up playing Minecraft."

"Wow, okay, Mom."

"Okay, idiot who dropped a plate on the ground."

That much was true. Dream kept his head down and continued sweeping the plate shards into a dustpan.

Something felt awfully amiss about it.

*

Creating a list of all the things George had told him about his past life would've been an unsurmountable task for anyone who wasn't Dream. But to be fair, it wasn't like George gave him too much information to go off anyway. Even with bullet points, the list only took up a little over half of the page.

Digging into George's professional job title hadn't yielded much, so he could confidently cross off anything related to that. George had mentioned reading certain books in college, but Dream didn't think he had the will to scour through hundreds of colleges for one person. Did he even know which degree George graduated with? Or if he went to college in the UK at all?

Okay, next on the list. George used to flip Supreme gear, didn't he? He had never said which platform he used, but there were only so many platforms there could be that actually turned a profit.

Hm. Interesting. And there could be guides written for flipping luxury items, too. That would be an invaluable find...

Dream opened Google and began searching.